Here at Aviva we are delighted to announce an opportunity to join our Technical Claims team on an interim basis (circa 10-month fixed term contract), as an Interim Claims Manager
. We are looking for an experienced commercial property claims handler, who is readily available to undertake a secondment cover contract.
The chosen post-holder will be responsible for not only the management of a large and complex property claims portfolio, but also the quality assurance of claims being handled within the unit. You'll facilitate the delivery of our claims philosophy, standards and best practice, as well as the delivery of financial results within the team. You'll also make recommendations for process improvements and ensure strong working relationships are built and maintained with key stakeholders.
In order to be considered for the opportunity you will need to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of property claims handling alongside excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage client expectations in complex cases effectively and in line with policy and TCF principles, as well as in line with individual and team KPIs
- Ensure that complex claims are settled cost effectively through detailed investigation, including recognising potential fraud indicators and taking appropriate action
- Identify appropriate changes to claim philosophies and standards, proactively looking for areas of process improvement
- Ensure that the wider Technical team are clear about the standards of technical knowledge and performance expected, and that they are up to date with claims philosophies and standards
- Enhance the ability of the team to perform through quality audits and regular coaching / feedback and by the identification of training needs
- Act as a credible representative for Aviva in official claims matters
Skills & Experience required
What will you get for this role?
- In-depth knowledge of claims handling, quality assurance, fraud and impacting legislation - this needs to be currently within, or recently focused on, complex and high value commercial property claims, within the London Market
- In-depth knowledge of social, economic, political and legislative developments, alongside high value, complex or high-profile claims handling authority experience
- Commercial approach with ability to build great relationships with colleagues, clients and the market
- Qualifications: ACII or qualified solicitor with private practice experience would be highly desirable
Working at Aviva
- Competitive salary (pro-rata), depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus (pro-rata)
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daisy Holmes a call on +44 (0) 7436 672007 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.