As an Instrumentation Maker, you'll play a key role within the Defence Aerospace Business by working as part of an integrated team making, repairing and fitting engine electrical harnesses, ensuring they meet the repair standards requirements.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We're the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles. Key Accountabilities
- Becoming a member of the instrumentation team establishing the skills of all aspects of engine electrical harness work.
- The willingness and ability to be trained in wider aero engine instrumentation techniques.
- Focus on safety, quality, customer and delivery.
- Understanding priorities and owning the commitments for turnaround of tasks.
- Team player with energy and drive to succeed.
- Time served apprentice in an engineering discipline.
- Qualified to NVQ level 3, City & Guilds part 3.
- Practical knowledge of working with tools and techniques.
- Ability to fully interpret instructional process /drawings.
- Ability to learn new skills & product appreciation quickly.
- Although not essential, an appreciation of instrumentation.
- This opportunity would suit someone with an eye for detail, for example, previous successful candidates come from practical telecommunications and aircraft electrical backgrounds.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts. Pioneer
the performance of the future. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation. Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: 22nd August 2019Job Category
Factory Staff Posting Date
08 Aug 2019; 00:08