Role: Instructional Designer
Posting Date: 17th of March
Closing Date: 14th of April
North America Learning & Talent Management is looking for Instructional Designers to develop world-class learning solutions for our customers worldwide. In this position, you will be an architect and leader in creating and improving learning products. You will work on instructional design projects that utilize your expertise in learning theory, instructional technologies, and human performance technology to enhance the performance of Amazonians.
The solutions you create will enable improved employee experience, shorten lead times to proficiency, and provide performance support at the point of need. This includes performing needs assessments to identify learning objectives with business stakeholders, designing, testing, and rapidly iterating instructional content for your audience, and developing knowledge and performance observation assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of training.
Overall, this role will be key in developing training that relies heavily on technological solutions. Some of this work will include developing and working with simulations, xAPI, dynamic triggering, Learning Record Stores, app-based devices, and/or using big-data to target performance support features.
Candidates should have experience working autonomously across multiple global locations, expertise in developing and maintaining strong business relationships, collaborating across different fields of expertise, and implementing learning project plans. This individual must thrive in a fast paced environment and develop innovative solutions.
Being successful on this team requires the ability to:
• Discover and Innovate: partner with business stakeholders to understand program goals and define the learning solution that will make their programs successful
• Design and Develop: create performance-focused training content that engages our learners, ensuring content is ready for localization and deployment in international marketplaces
• Design and Develop: create outstanding learning tools, performance support aids, practice tests, online tutorials, and other materials to meet identified needs
• Design and Develop: create tests, quizzes, and other assessments to ensure learner understanding and performance
• Deliver Results: manage your projects amidst ambiguity, competing priorities, and challenging deadlines
• Travel may be required up to 20%
• BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development, etc. is desirable.
• Proven work experience with career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering training solutions to large organizations.
• Solid project management skills including, planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, working with stakeholders, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
• Demonstrated experience developing self-paced eLearning curriculums, storyboards, job aids, online tutorials, assessments and print-based materials
• Experience developing training content for localization to multiple languages/cultures
• Demonstrated ability to assess training effectiveness and ROI to stakeholders and leaders.
• Exceptional ability to earn trust of subject matter experts and stakeholders
• Experience working with content management systems
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities
• • Experience translating/localizing content with RTF/XLIFF files
• Experience using betta testing environments for rapid iteration based content modifications
• Experience using Content Management Systems
• Master's degree in related field
• Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
• Advanced Multi-media development in audio, video, and/or animation (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop)
• Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation (e.g. gamification, virtual reality, xAPI)
• Experience with coordination and organization for global initiatives.