Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We're involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Purpose of the Role
This role is a hands on role to manage, monitor and support local and wide area networking services. Working in the IT Services team for Atkins SNC-Lavalin you will provide support with resolving incidents, implementing and designing new services, leading project delivery for new services and technology.
The role will suit an individual who has extensive experience with 2nd line support and proven experience troubleshooting complex networking related issues within an enterprise environment. There is scope to develop new ways of working and automation to improve service delivery to our users. The successful candidate will be dynamic, analytical and able to come up with smart solutions for the business.
- Design, build and deploy new network solutions
- Delivery of new services
- Resolving 2nd/3rd line support calls, supporting more junior members of staff
- Evaluating network and service performance
- Improving processes and automation of procedures
- Continual service improvement and best practice for network management
- Assisting with technology lifecycle
- Cisco switching and routing - CCNA
- Firewall management - Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Working within a support environment/team working issues through to resolution
- Fundamental Security knowledge
- Experience with network security monitoring
- Considerable experience in a UK Enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Experience in working with remote teams and sites
- Understanding of ITIL best practice
- Proven experience of delivering process improvement
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative
- Demonstration of service ownership and accountability for products and services
- Willingness to engage with and work with other technology areas or teams
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com Security Clearance:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.