The UK Independence Team that forms part of the Risk Management (RM) Group of EY UK, currently has a permanent vacancy for an Independence Senior Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful and diverse team, very much central to the firm, at a time of significant regulatory change within the UK audit profession.
Individuals with prior independence, compliance, audit or other relevant regulatory experience are encouraged to apply. Key Responsibilities
Your day to day responsibilities will be varied and cover a broad spectrum of the activities undertaken by the Independence function expected of a Senior Manager, including at least some of the following:
Skills and attributes for success
- Providing technical Independence advice to the business in respect of audit pursuits and acquisitions.
- Overseeing and monitoring our independence systems, processes and procedures ensuring that we are meeting our requirements and delivering quality at the highest levels
- Answering technical Independence queries from the business relating to a variety of matters including: non-audit services, business relationships, personal Independence, business operations and other matters
- Managing the resolution, documentation and communication of potential Independence breaches
- Supporting the UK Independence Leader and Directors on independence related initiatives/campaigns
- Supporting UK Independence Leader and Directors with the preparation of matters to be reported to the EY Board and other governance bodies
- Taking a key role in dealing with independence matters during inspections from external regulators (e.g. FRC, US PCAOB).
- Working with the EY global independence network dealing with cross-border matters.
- Setting clear targets and monitoring performance and progress against timetable.
- Coaching / mentoring / managing members of the Independence Team
- Provide training/support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas 'shared services centres' in respect of outsourced independence activities, including development of new service offerings, reviewing the output/quality of work they produce and providing feedback as required
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to manage and coach junior members of the team
- Strong communicator with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the business
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
Ideally, you'll also have
- Independence professionals with current experience at / Senior Manager level. If currently at Manager level, significant evidence that the individual is ready to step up and act as a Senior Manager.
- Experience of managing a team
- Individuals with relevant professional qualifications.
- A strong working knowledge of the concept of Ethics and Independence the UK FRC Ethical Standard, IESBA Code of Ethics, SEC independence regulations.
- Extensive experience of other financial services related rules and regulations.
What we look for
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills and proficiency at driving projects to a close
Qualifications: What working at EY offers
- Proactive and capable of working using own initiative
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Please note
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here
. We ask because it matters! If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.