The Independence Team is responsible for ensuring EY UK and Ireland maintains compliance with auditor Independence rules and regulations imposed by external regulatory bodies (e.g. UK Financial Reporting Council, US Securities and Exchange Commission, The Irish Auditing & Accounting Supervisory Authority, the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants and the European Union) and by EY in relation to the conduct of the firm's auditing business. This also includes ensuring that new audit clients and engagements accepted by the firm do not result in an independence conflict.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Your day to day role will primarily involve contact with people at all levels across EY. You will play a core role in supporting them as they navigate the Independence requirements applicable to their personal financial and other relationships with EY's audit clients. A significant proportion of this role will involve analysis of individuals' financial holdings and relationships with clients in order to determine if they and EY are sufficiently independent under the relevant rules to be appointed auditor.
In addition, you will also be expected to perform other activities, including the following:
- Work with colleagues in EY overseas 'shared services centres' in respect of matters outsourced, including reviewing the output/quality of work they produce and providing feedback as required
- Providing general support to senior members of the Independence team
- Completing Independence checks and general research in respect of potential new clients
- Assisting with the roll out of the firm's annual Independence web based learning training
- Providing support in respect of internal and external regulatory reviews / audits
Experience and Skills Required:
No previous Independence or Risk Management experience is required as full training will be provided.
The role holder will be expected to have the following attributes:
- Capable of working using own initiative, with excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to build strong working relationships with service lines and develop an excellent understanding of their business
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.