We've started the search for an IFRS17 Senior Accountant for a 12-month FTC to be based in either Bristol or York.
The IFRS17 Project is focussed on delivering the data, systems and processes to report under the new IFRS17 reporting standard for insurance businesses. This is a major change which affects all Aviva Markets.
Within this, an Accounting Workstream has been set up to deliver accounting data and downstream reporting that is compliant with IFRS17 standard. This requires enhancing our existing accounting data & associated GL close processes and downstream reporting capability.
We require a Senior Accountant to support the planning and delivery of IFRS17 compliant solutions that meet the Group's key design principles. The role will include stakeholder management with the UK Life Market and other Project Workstreams and support the development of the IFRS17 Shared Service Centre Operating Model for Accounting. Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience required
- Delivering IFRS17 compliant accounting data and downstream reporting processes
- Planning and monitoring the team's deliverables and liaising with other Leads
- Managing Accounting Data Working Groups and coordinating the delivery and preparation of briefing packs
- Providing ad-hoc analysis and governance documents to meet the requirements of key stakeholders, including the UK Life Market and our external auditors
What will you get for this role?
- Qualified Accountant, with knowledge of accounting processes and financial reporting in large complex Insurance or Financial Services organisations
- Ability to understand IFRS17 requirements and build into accounting data/reporting deliverables - technical IFRS17 knowledge is not necessary as the role will work in conjunction with a specialist IFRS17 Technical & Methodology Team
- Experienced PowerPoint user familiar with drafting briefing packs and slide decks for senior stakeholders
- Knowledge of control environments and ability to design/set up controls where required
- Ability to explain complex accounting data and/or processes issues to key stakeholders
- Comfortable working with other team members in Modelling/Finance Data Platforms/Core Finance Build Workstreams
- Proactive and able to use initiative to achieve key deliverables
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you! We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By ' minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.