What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
Opportunities to get on
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan
- Colleague Clubcard after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% off most purchases at Tesco (15% off for a four day period after each pay day)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
OurEmployee Assistance Programme
helps you deal with life's challenges.
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-termcharity partnersAbout the role
Tesco Maintenance are looking to recruit a HVAC engineer/Commercial Gas Engineer in the Peterborougharea. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn't function without the support of our Maintenance Team. You'll be required to carry out assurance quality control audits on pre-planned maintenance/reactive works and works in progress (WIP) across the business. Effectively diagnosing and identify faults and failures, providing effective solutions and escalating where necessary. Identify trends and possible concerns with engineers and the works they have completed providing detailed reports. Must have relevant gas industry qualifications and demonstrate a good knowledge of gas and safety legislation. Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
You will need
- To manage quality control and carry out inspections of gas works/repairs and servicing
- Ensure appropriate assurance audits and checks are carried out on assets in line with gas safe standards.
- Ensure appropriate assurance quality control audits and checks are carried out on gas workplace behaviours in line with gas safe standards.
- Undertake all allocated HVAC and Gas related reactive and planned maintenance works including quality control tasks to an agreed standard.
- Timely completion of planned audit works carried out to industry standards.
- Effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and report where necessary.
- Provide regular updates to GSM and legal compliance team on task status.
- Provide HVAC and Gas related technical support as required.
- Carry out work in accordance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to best safety working practices at all times.
- Deal with and make safe all health & safety related works following processes laid down by organisation's Health and Safety Policy.
- Proactively manage task volumes in conjunction with the helpdesk and planning team.
- Complete engineering surveys and technical reports as necessary and cascade all key data to relevant personnel.
- Attend training courses as and when necessary to ensure skills are kept up to date to meet customer needs.
- Supporting change within the business to ensure continuously improved performance. Highlighting opportunities to complete tasks in a "better, simpler or cheaper" way.
- Delivering non-negotiable standards across the store.
- Verisae usage
Ideal gas certificates:CDGA1
- Great communication skills.
- Experience in a customer focussed environment.
- Great team working experience.
- The ability to prioritise workloads.
- Full UK driving licence.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Commission, service, repair & breakdown of commercial direct fired heating appliances & equipment - NP & LPG COCN1
- Core commercial gas safety assessment criteria - NG TPCP1
- TESTING & PURGING OF LOW-PRESSURE COMMERCIAL PIPEWORK EXCEEDING 1m3 IN VOLUME, UP TO 7 bar OPERATING PRESSURE NG & 2 bar LPG - NG &LPG TPCP1A
- TESTING & PURGING OF LOW-PRESSURE COMMERCIAL PIPEWORK NOT EXCEEDING 1m3 IN VOLUME, 21 mbar OPERATING PRESSURE - NG ICPN1
- INSTALLATION OF COMMERCIAL PIPEWORK (FIRST FIX) - NG & LPG CORT1
- COMMISSION SERVICE REPAIR & BREAKDOWN OF GAS FIRED COMMERCIAL OVERHEAD LUMINOUS RADIANT PLAQUE & RADIANT TUBE HEATERS - NG & LPG CIGA1
- COMMISSION SERVICE REPAIR & BREAKDOWN OF COMMERCIAL INDIRECT FIRED HEATING APPLIANCES & EQUIP NG/LPG Ideal additional experience in:
- Gas and safety legislation
- Ventilation systems
- Hot & cold-water systems.
- LPHW heating & water systems.
- Controls/BMS systems.
- Electrical installations.
- Large Multi deck hair handlingunits
- Gas fired air handling units
At Tesco Maintenance, it's our people that makeusoneofthe leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. Weoperate inover 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores,distribution centres, Tescobanks andheadoffices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineeringsolutions andsupport.
With our comprehensive induction and ourtechnicalcompetency plan, weinvest intraining forour field colleaguestohave the right level of skills and expertisefor each roletoworksafelyandprovide first-rateasset managementacross our estate.Wecreate a culturewhereevery colleagueis competent, motivated andprofessional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we've got it covered. OurOperations andMaintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support ourfieldengineersto get the job done.Our Engineering teamwork internationally to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security tosustainability.
Everything we doin Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement tothe overall shopping experience for our customers.