The Human Resources Systems Manager is responsible for all of the HR Systems and reporting tools used in the EMEA business. Supported by a team of two, the HR Systems Team provide innovative, strategic and proactive Human Resources management solutions, whilst developing, standardising and maintaining reporting systems which will provide the business and HR management team with the critical data it requires to be able to anticipate the market trends and take informed HR and business decisions.
- Support all HR systems including SmartStream, SAP, Objective Manager, CV Mail, Everbridge business continuity and Cognos8 Web Reporting Tool.
- Work closely with Head of Global People Systems and Processes on impact and integration of SAP
- Manage and co-ordinate firm wide HR systems related projects from business case to delivery.
- Manage communication of system updates and upgrades to the relevant audience.
- Take lead role on the delivery of a number of annual and ad hoc projects.
- Manage a team of 2 HR systems analysts
Core HR Systems
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary responsibility for the maintenance and development of the core HR systems working closely with IT colleagues as required.
- Work closely to ensure data in SAP is replicated and updated as appropriate in line with smartstream updates
- Manage suppliers to ensure they meet their contractual agreements and support the development of the system.
- Create technical specifications / requirements and liaise with suppliers and internal IT resources to manage product enhancements and software developments
- Responsible for the provision of operational support to the EMEA HR function and HR systems users firm wide.
- Co-ordinate with the regions and groups to understand their requirements/issues/ideas.
- Ensure data quality and integrity.
- Monitor the volume of queries that come into the HR Systems mailbox and plan change requests.
- Act as second line support for queries/system related issues.
- Support the HR Systems Analyst in providing training to HR users with a view to enhancing knowledge, expertise and users being more self-sufficient.
Global and Local Reporting
- Manage the distribution of global and local reports in an accurate, timely manner ensuring that they are effectively presented and in house style.
- Work with the HR Analyst and Finance Business Information Team to embed continuous improvement through data and analytics.
- Work with the HR management team to ensure that we are providing relevant KPIs/people data that has a direct impact on strategic business decisions.
- Produce a monthly dashboard of key HR data
- Ensure data quality and integrity is maintained through regular audit reporting
- Maintain the highest levels of data confidentiality when handling sensitive / global data and ensure that information is always held in accordance to local data protection legislation.
- Be the project lead on the annual launch and implementation of objective manager ensuring effective liaison with the Practice Group Leader and Finance.
- Ensure the effective management and utilisation of Objective Manager dealing with any technical issues, in conjunction with IT and the supplier, as required.
- Act as an escalation point for all other ad hoc HR systems and data feeds in conjunction with IT.
- Act as the 'centre of excellence' for excel and help and support other users to improve their skills
- Responsible for the delivery of agreed HR systems related projects.
- Key stakeholder in the project co-ordination and delivery of a new HR System
- Liaise and work with Finance, Business Transformation and other Business Services functions to deliver system related projects, change requests and other technology initiatives.
- Consult with and challenge key stakeholders to ensure the right systems solution is delivered.
- Provide HR systems input and expertise to other projects, working closely with Diversity and Inclusion and Reward (and others that may arise that fall within the remit of this post).
- Manage the development of best practice policies and procedures for HR Systems. Communicate updates, guidelines and changes to policy on systems related international processes.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree educated or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in managing a team and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Experience of implementing/maintaining HR applications.
- IT literate with solid general technical knowledge and demonstrable experience with Excel.
- Strong reporting capability and ability to manipulate data using Cognos / Excel
- Able to think strategically and work on tactical initiatives.
- Strong delivery skills ensuring stakeholders receive timely information and updates.
- Professionally confident and possess the skills to influence and persuade a wide variety of individuals at all levels.
- Ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure.
- Demonstrates initiative by proposing alternative solutions and policies; reviews processes to ensure compliance with best practice.
- Previous project management experience.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world's pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.