We are looking for an HR Advisor to join our HR Advisory team for a period of 12 months.
As an HR Advisor you will provide support to people managers onProbation extensions,Performance management,Sickness absence and Flexible working requests as well as the informal stage(s) of Grievances and Disciplinaries.
This role will see you working closely with a number of areas within the HR function (HR Business Partners, Employee Relations Consultants and others), as well as Managers and Senior Leaders from front line functions across the FCA
In addition to the teams core role of managing cases, you will also have opportunities to also get involved with high-profile and challenging projects within HR and the wider FCA, particularly during this time of change and growth. What does this job involve?
What will the candidate get from the role?
- Coach Line Managers and providing support on Probation extensions,Performance management,Sickness absence and Flexible working requests as well as the informal stage(s) of Grievances and Disciplinaries within your designated business area
- Support individuals with their sickness absence (including preparing payroll instructions, writing letters to colleagues, supporting with return to work programmes)
- Analyse and interpret data for your designated business area - to identify trends and recommend interventions
- Improve and/or simplify policies and procedures to drive improved efficiency and value for money
- You will be empowered to work autonomously on a wide range of cases and projects, whilst having the support of a wider team to deliver your objectives
- The opportunity to work and learn within a well-established HR department during a time of vast change within the organisation
- You will have the opportunity to work with and influence across a number of front line functions within the FCA
- Leading on important projects, which will give you exposure and interaction with a wide range of stakeholders
- As an Academy business, we place great value on learning and offer development opportunities which will assist you in undertaking your role
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we will offer an interview to disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidate's CV. Exceptions may apply if due to the volume of applications we are not able to interview all eligible candidates who qualify under the scheme. Minimum criteria
- Previous experience working as an HR Officer / Advisor in a fast paced organisation
- Strong experience managing a wide variety of complex Employee Relations matters, including probation, performance, sickness absence, flexible working, disciplinary and grievances
- Ability to build relationships and influence / gain buy-in at all levels within the organisation
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, positively embracing new approaches
- Experience working with people data to gain insights, understand options and arrive at well-balanced decisions
- Continuous improvement / simplification experience
- Experience using project management techniques to maintain momentum on cases / projects
- Able to work under pressure on sensitive cases, meeting service standards, targets and deadlines.
- Ideally CIPD qualified, but not essential
The FCA's people vision: The FCA is an employer of choice, offering unique career opportunities and an inclusive workplace, with everyone aspiring to perform at our best.
The Human Resources (HR) division is made up of a number of expert teams whose role it is help the FCA achieve its people vision. We enable and support management in everything people-related throughout a person's time at the FCA. From attracting talented individuals, welcoming them to the organisation through our induction, helping them grow and develop, listening to their views through our surveys, rewarding and recognising great performance and helping to build an inclusive culture. We also support senior management when they are making FCA-wide decisions to ensure the full range of people matters are front and centre when making these complex decisions. The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the societywe serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible workingarrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on aflexible basis.Additional information
Please note - Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
- This role is graded Associate - HR B
- The salary range is approximately £32,000 - £40,000, plus a competitive flexible benefits package.
- Applications for this role close on Sunday 17th October 2021
- We would welcome applications from candidates who would like to work on a flexible basis
- If you are external and interested in learning more about the role please contactKezia Downie on [email protected]
- If you are internal and interested please contact Tim Dent.