About Network Rail
Network Rail is an organisation driven by its people and in their day-to-day roles our people and our Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britains railway. From Crossrail Europes largest civil engineering project to investment in extraordinary stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Route Services is a division of Network Rail, formed to provide our routes with services and supplies that they need in order to maintain and deliver a better railway for a better Britain. We work with our customers to provide them with the safest, most cost-efficient and effective services enabling them to benefit from economies of scale and optimised national resources. Our Shared Service Centre is at the heart of this, bringing the administration of finances and human resources across Network Rail together. We oversee recruitment and job vacancies, process payments, bill & collect income, pay wages, manage employee personal data and undertake health checks for our people every day Brief Description
This vacancy is within the Shared Service Centre and more specifically within the Helpdesk team. The team of circa 30 advisors answer customer queries in relation to payroll, recruitment, account payables and expenses. Our customers are both internal and external to network rail. The team deal with around 2,000 telephone queries each week, respond to around 1,000 emails and chat to a variety of customers using our online portal.
You will deliver a right first-time customer service to a range of internal and external Network Rail Shared Services customers in accordance with statutory, regulatory, contractual, customs & excise and group policy and regulations.You should be familiar with operating in a fast-based telephony environment and have a passion for delivering great customer service.
The starting salary for this role is 16,500, with the potential to increase to 18,000, based on performance in role. We offer excellent benefits including; general performance related pay (bonus), pension, 28 days annual leave, buy and sell annual leave, cycle to work scheme, travel subsidy towards your rail commute of up to 75% of 2,750.
Our help-desk is operated on a rota basis therefore candidates should be flexible to work between the hours of 8am and 7pm for a total of 35 hours per week.
We are looking for candidates in the following capacity:
Fixed term contract positions (up to 6 months)
Flexible days and hours About the role (External)
1. Responsible for operating high volume query management system answering telephone, email and chat queries in relation to payroll, recruitment, accounts payables and expenses.
2. Keep customers informed of the progress of queries / expected delivery updates, engaging with internal shared service teams and working to service level agreements.
3. Ability to thrive in a busy, customer orientated environment, enjoying the challenges and rewards involved in dealing with hundreds of different customers delivering a right first-time level of service.
4. As the voice of NR shared services, youll always provide an engaging, positive, vibrant and extraordinary customer experience representing the shared service brand.
5. Develop / continually improve relations with key stakeholders, play your part in embedding a customer centric culture where all team members consider the impact on customers and their future requirements.
6. Support the Network Rail better day every day initiative by highlighting areas of potential improvement at the daily / weekly focus groups.
7. Play your part in adopting an inclusive culture where individuals can be themselves and are free to challenge existing process without discouragement. Work with others to support a culture of operational responsibility where individuals take personal ownership for delivery.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Exceptional listening skills
Professional telephone manner
Able to demonstrable excellent customer service skills
Experience of managing difficult conversations to a positive outcome
Able to demonstrate the ability to influence stakeholders positively
Excellent written communication skills
Occupational knowledge of shared services
Educated to degree level or equivalent
ORACLE eBusiness Suite experience
Previous working knowledge in, payroll, recruitment and/or payables
Experience of working in a telephony-based environment
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to 3,333 (to a maximum amount of 2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: 16,500 - 18,300 + plus excellent benefits including bonus & pension, 28 days annual leave
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history. Closing date: 06-Jan-2020 . Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home