You'll provide support to issues raised via the health and safety inbox in a professional and pragmatic way, and will manage booking and arrangements of safety related training.
You'll monitor and manage data for purposes including accident reporting and risk assessments and will ensure all areas of the business have first aider and fire marshal cover across all offices. You'll also carry out investigations and escalate all potential RIDDOR events and accidents of a serious nature.
You'll have strong communication skills and the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team. You'll be a self starter that can partner with key stakeholders and business areas to promote a positive health and safety culture.
We'll harness your passion and enthusiasm, and will encourage you to develop your skillset and to take on new challenges.
On a practical level you'll have at least a years experience in a health and safety environment and will hold a NEBOSH General Certificate (or be able to demonstrate significant relevant experience and be able to demonstrate a desire to complete this within the first year).
Benefits & working hours
No matter what job you do you should feel valued and appreciated. That's why, in order to attract, motivate and retain the best people, we offer a very competitive total reward package, which enables our employees to share in the success they help to create. It includes a core Quilter funded package of rewards and benefits, and optional flexible benefits that you can add.Core benefits
Please note, the benefit package you receive will depend on your grade and what part of our business you work for.Flexible benefits
- Holiday: between 24-30 days' holiday (depending on your job banding).
- Annual bonus scheme: most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company's performance and their contribution to it.
- Pension scheme: a non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions.
- Car allowance: depending on your role you may be offered a car allowance.
- Private medical insurance: couple's cover as standard with the opportunity to flex level of cover.
- Life assurance: six-times your salary.
- Health assessment: a company funded health assessment (depending on your grade).
- Personal accident: 1x salary with the option to change the level of cover.
- Income protection: 50% of salary with the option to change the level of cover.
We offer a number of additional benefits which you can purchase through our salary sacrifice scheme. These include additional health care schemes for both you and your spouse, gym and parking discounts and the ability to buy and sell holiday - to give just a few examples.
Our office is open from 8am - 5pm. Everyone works a seven hour day (plus one hour for lunch)
We are committed to creating an inclusive culture which embraces diversity. We promote equal opportunities and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. We select candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications, experience and potential.