Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Go Gousto!Head of Operations Development Strategy
Gousto has tripled in size in the last 24 months and we are now about to undertake our biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. To take our Operation to the next level, we are looking to hire a Head of Operations Development Strategy to lead the evaluation of future factory capacity requirements and capabilities.
This is a critical role that will lead the factory expansion programme and investment into new manufacturing facilities. To put this into context we are operating with two factories currently and with programmes in place to deliver two further factories in the next 12 months. You will be responsible for identifying the timing, locations, scale and capabilities of the future factory network.Future capacity
If we are to truly become the nation's most loved way to eat dinner then we must expand our network of factory capacity to deliver great food to more and more households. To ensure that we achieve this you will be responsible for:
- Identifying business critical operational insights and strategy that will shape the future for our business
- Developing a model to identify future capacity requirements that takes into account future demand, proposition enhancements and reduced cost per box
- Evaluating the business case for automation options to deploy into future and existing sites
- Collaborating with finance, operations and the proposition team to build business cases for new factories and other changes to our network
- Test scenarios and sensitivities to evaluate the boundaries of new factory business cases
- Working with the data and technology teams optimise the shape of the factory network to delight more customers, reduce costs and manage risks / business continuity
- Lead, with support from the capacity programmes team, post factory launch reviews to confirm achievement of approved business cases
As the Operations Development Strategy team grows you will provide leadership both to your direct reports and also to your peers:
Requirements Who you are:
- Lead the Operations Development managers to develop and implement recommendations including creating our long-term repack (processing bulk raw materials into consumer units) solution
- Provide matrix leadership through the 'Heads of' team and other functions
- Ability to create the strategic roadmap for our operations that encompasses 'Think Big'
- Advanced analytics capabilities and comfortable with big data
- Experience in manufacturing / supply chain either in industry or consultancies
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level. Credible and impactful both with senior operational and business leaders as well as on the shop floor
- Comfortable working with technology given the role has a big overlap with operational systems and tech teams including data science
- High commercial awareness and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- Collaborative ability to work closely with and influence other senior leaders within the business and externally
- Ability to write compelling papers / business cases and articulate recommendations and analyses at C-level
- Experience of leading and shaping a growing team
- Organisation and time management skills
- Proactive & driven to succeed
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage!