We have started the search for a Head of Reserving - Commercial Lines to join our General Insurance business. The role is part of the Capital and Reserving team, reporting directly to the Capital & Reserving Director. The Reserving team sits within the UKGI Finance team and plays a hugely important role for the UK business, responsible for reserves of over £4bn across all lines of business written in the UK.
This is an important role within Aviva and, while you will need to be comfortable with dealing with a broad spectrum of responsibilities and tasks, it will provide the successful candidate with a diverse range of opportunities and a strong position to progress their career. You will be able to make a significant difference to Aviva's GI business, at a time when innovation, simplicity and leadership are paramount.
It's an exciting time to be part of the Reserving team and lots of potential for the right person to make their mark.Some of the key responsibilities involve:
Skills, knowledge & experience we are looking for:
- Working with the Capital & Reserving Director and Chief Actuary to provide quarterly reserves reviews
- Delivering consistently insightful reporting to the CFO, Commercial Lines SLT, and other Aviva stakeholders on reserves, key assumptions and judgements, and actions required
- Coordinating the reserving content of the AIL Reserve & Projections Committee
- Leading the review and ongoing delivery of faster outputs and richer business insight that influence and drive business performance (strategic and transactional); lower cost of reserving processes together with shared best practice and shared services as appropriate
- Leading the production of efficient and insightful projections of claims costs for future periods and providing outputs that influence and drive appropriate business actions and good risk-based decisions
- Contributing to the effective adoption of new and modified regulations as required
What will you get for this role?
- Strong commercial understanding of the GI market, particularly Commercial Lines
- A qualified, or qualified by experience, Actuary
- High personal impact and gravitas, relationship management and influencing skills with people at all levels with the ability to build credible working relationships
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
- Understand the needs of our end customers
- Current knowledge of statutory, professional and industry standards governing professional financial matters
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understood manner
Working at Aviva
- A salary competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.