UKI Markets is at the heart of EY's ambitious growth strategy. Our vision is to drive profitable revenue growth by engaging with our clients, our people and our stakeholders. The Markets group comprises of three key teams Business Development (BD), Brand Marketing and Communication (BMC) and Market Execution and Operations.
Working closely with BD, BMC, Execution and Operations, the Head of Operations is responsible for • overseeing the day to day management of the budget including monthly reviews and forecasting and annual planning process; and • talent activities including recruitment, D&I, scorecard, HR Issues, Counselling Families etc
Essential Functions of the Job:
You will be a valued member of the Market Operations Leadership team, reporting directly into the Market Operations Director. Leading a team of 5 onshore and 8 shared offshore resources in the day-to-day running of the Markets function.
You will be responsible for leading across the following critical areas:
• Budget Management • For the Markets Group, lead the annual planning process for Markets. Work closely with the Operations Director to ensure alignment with the markets strategy • Monthly reviews and forecasting, working with leadership for BD, BMC and Market Executions/Operations • Consolidation of markets budgets on a monthly basis including people budget and headcount, campaign and NBD spend and other indirect costs • Oversight and governance around new areas of investment including budget and campaign spend across Markets and NBD. Ensuring full alignment with prioritisation process • Working closely with Finance to facilitate best in class information to help run the business
• Talent Management • Day to Day management of the Operations team • Provide steer and oversight of the People Agenda in Markets working closely with the Talent Lead across the following areas - Reward, Learning and Development, Talent Pipeline, D&I strategy and Recruitment • Awareness and support of the complex HR issues facing the business • Oversight of the promotions, progressions and scorecard activities
• Return of Investment (ROI) • Working with the Client Insights Manager to track financials to demonstrate return of investment across the following areas: • individual campaign level • consolidated service line/market segment view on a quarterly basis to help aid mid-year prioritisation decisions • New business development budget
• GDS • Oversight of the market operations GDS team including ensuring we drive greater efficiencies, the expansion of roles, responsibilities and skills of this team • Working closely with GDS leadership, the CBS GDS leader and individual market functions to drive the GDS strategy, ensuring we have the right level of support, headcount and skills across the markets function
• Operational Agility • Bring strategic thinking to the team - forward looking mentality • Develop leading management information working with the Innovation and Technology Lead • Provide regular reports into Markets Operations Director • Consistently driving out the same types of activities across Operations to ensure continued standardisation. • Work closely with the transformation team to identify and implement key process improvements
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Highly organised with a strong ability to work with senior leaders and large groups of professionals • Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment • Financial acumen • Ideally some marketing or pre-sales knowledge • Strong team player and communicator • Ability to challenge, motivate and inspire a team • A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and supporting process improvements and demonstrating best practice
• Day to day management of five direct reports, oversight of eight shared offshore resources
• A business related degree; or equivalent work experience
• Experience of operationally leading across a >£10m budget/organization; • Financial planning and management • Extensive experience of business leadership • Extensive experience of leading teams - directly and indirectly, including offshore team management and development • Experience of working in a pre-sales environment - Marketing, Sales, Bid Management or equivalent experience working in a Programme Office Leader Role
Ideally: • Experience of working with offshore teams • Commercial/contract management (business office/programme office) type experience • Tools/data presentation expertise - skilled usage of Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Note: This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
Qualifications: Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.