Gousto was founded in 2012 by Timo Boldt, with a mission to change the way that people plan, cook and eat at home. Gousto is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we've made it simple.
We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with pre-portioned ingredients and recipes cards ready to cook, so there's no more ' what's for dinner ' panic.
Gousto currently leads the category in the UK offering more choice, more delivery options and lower lead times than any of its competitors. This is really only the beginning though, we have big plans to transform our proposition in 2020 and beyond.
Over 1 billion meals are consumed each week in the UK, and 75% of Brits cook daily.
The UK is a tremendous market opportunity for online food, with an ongoing shift in purchasing habits from offline to online. The grocery market is worth £200bn: if just 1% was delivered through recipe boxes this would give a massive £2bn opportunity in our space. Our proposition also benefits from a number of continued macro trends, including a focus on health, sustainability and convenience.
Two thirds of the UK population has not yet heard of recipe boxes and c.10% have heard of Gousto highlighting massive opportunity for growth (despite Gousto already being in the top 0.1% of the largest UK businesses as measured by total revenue).
After a recent investment round in October 2020, Gousto became the latest UK tech unicorn with a valuation of US$1bn
Our Operation has increased 4xin size in the last 24 months and we are now about to undertake our biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. This is an exciting and challenging time for Gousto and particularly for our Operations and Supply Chain teams.
The Operational Excellence Team is responsible for making our operations world class, to ensure that we become the nation's loved way to eat dinner. To deliver this vision it is imperative that we continue to enhance our customer proposition and drive major change in across our network of sites to improve our customer experience, deliver efficiencies and have an engaged team that truly "put Gousto first".
The entire team at Gousto is enormously driven - We want to win this market. The environment, underpinned by our ownership principles , is highly dynamic, so everyone has measurable impact and can make a real difference.
Head of Operational Transformation
To take our Operation to the next level, we are looking to hire a Head of Operational Transformation to lead up our efforts of becoming a world class operation that continually improves across people, process and technology.
The Operations Excellence team works closely with teams in operations, technology and proposition to come up with solutions to our biggest customer and operational problems. This role sits in the Operations Excellence team and will sit at the heart of cross functional collaboration across the business.
As Head of Operational Transformation, you will work with teams across Gousto to create a strategy for embedding new propositions into operational platforms, own the delivery of complex change programmes and ensure our operation is ready for the launch of new sites.
Key accountabilities and measures:
New Product Development
Our ambition is to become the nation's most loved way to eat dinner and to do this we will need to continually improve our customer experiences through proposition change and enhancement. You will play an integral role in redefining our NPD process to ensure we understand the implications on our existing estate, work with subject matter experts to develop enabling capabilities and ensure successful delivery . Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Owning and redefining the NPD process within operations to enable proposition change within our operating environment and surface key trade offs
- Support roadmap planning so we launch proposition change in the most effective way for our customer, our operations and the wider business
- Coordinate operations and supply chain delivery of proposition change, ensuring we deliver on committed timelines without creating material risk to our operation
Delivery of complex change programmes.
To ensure that we continue to scale, whilst improving our agility and efficiency we will need to ensure that our supply and operations teams have the best process and systems to do the job. You will be responsible for delivering complex change programmes that involve changes across: multiple sites, systems and processes. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Supporting delivery of the operations workstreams of new site openings
- Lead delivery of big change projects across supply chain and operations
- Work with teams across the wider business to make a case for new innovations/opportunities that improve customer experience or cost per order
Building a high performing team
Our ambition is huge and to deliver this we will need a high performing operational delivery team. You will need to hire, onboard, develop and inspire a team of highly skilled and customer obsessed operational delivery managers who can solve the complex operation problems that matter the most to us and our customers. You will be responsible for a team of 5+ operational delivery managers and will need to ensure the department is appropriately resourced to deliver our ambitious roadmap.
- A blend of consulting and industry experience would be preferred
- Experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be a distinct advantage
- Project management and/or change delivery with a fundamental understanding of different project management methods and when/how best to deploy them
- Understanding and experience in developing site operating models
- Commercial, analytical and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- Influencing decisions at C Level
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- An ability to quickly build valuable relationships that you leverage to take people with you through change
- Exceptional communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Bonus points if you have previously built a team from scratch
Be confident in your curiosity: think big, aim high and respectfully stand up for what you believe in.
We look for effective answers that will have a real impact, take initiative to solve problems and have a healthy impatience for change.
We care about our colleagues, customers and suppliers - they are key to our success - and about where our food comes from, the quality of our ingredients and our impact on the environment.