We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
'This is a unique opportunity to develop a world class data management capability in Europe's leading entertainment company' - Managing Director, Data Technology and Analytics
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that's not enough, our award-winning Osterley campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Act as a point of contact for the Cloud data platform for the team \/ business functions and define and execute the roadmap for the transition of data into the Cloud Data Warehouse platform.
- Define and revise the roadmap for the transition of the UK data into the platform
- Develop a data management process framework for the efficient acquisition, modelling and processing of data including - Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data and reporting \/ analysis with attention to the technical and policy aspects.
- Formulate management techniques for governance and quality data to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of data and its appropriate use.
- Deploy a metadata management capability with robust processes and controls and develop the data engineering capability in line with the analytical requirements and expectations from the data and analytics functions.
- Develop and manage talent; coach and develop direct reports to ensure their growth
- Review work products from the teams and provide guidance as appropriate
- Build an internal support system and network with other functions that contribute to the delivery capability of the team
- Ensure administrative responsibilities are met and that the teams are compliant with all applicable rules, procedures, policies enacted by Sky any the UK regulatory bodies
- Develop and manage an effective partnership with technology teams, other workstreams and other business functions.
- Experience in leading high performing teams (20 - 25) and delivering data warehousing solutions in a large-scale cloud environment
- Technical expertise on a wide range of cloud environments and tools for data modelling, cloud platform administration including costing
- Degree in either Computer science, mathematics, statistics or engineering
- Data modelling experience for Scalable Data Warehousing platforms with strong skills in E-R and key value pair modelling, preferably implemented with Erwin, E\/R studio and PowerDesigner
- Experience on GCP (BigQuery, GCS, Datalab, Dataproc, Cloud ML, Tensorflow) or Amazon cloud technology
- Experience in Machine learning platform using Tensorflow, Orange, SQL, SAS, Keras, Spark, C\/C++ or Java
- DBA Experience in Relational Databases and Hadoop environments
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We're happy to discuss flexible working.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about