Our Data capability underpins all that we do within Underwriting, and Data and is a critical enabler to the success of our General Insurance (GI) business.
Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics, this role sits within the Underwriting and Data Office of UKGI, spanning Personal and Commercial lines and supporting over £4bn NWP. The team also form part of Quantum; our global data science practice driving best practice sharing, collaboration, ethics and world-class training and development in partnership with the University of Cambridge.
The Data Engineering teams deliver optimised, standardised data for use across GI Pricing, Underwriting, Analytics, Customer Science, exposure management, portfolio management, intelligent automation, MI and BI. The role holder will be accountable for working with CIO to ensure high quality, timely data delivery whilst building a high calibre data engineering capability.
The role will also be critical to evolving and executing our data strategy. Accountable for the technology strategy and roadmap underpinning data and analytics this role will be key to transitioning to target technologies, operating model and ways of working across our data science teams.Some of the key responsibilities include:
Knowledge, skills & experience we are looking for:
- Leading a team of c.25 multi-disciplinary engineers across the full data engineering lifecycle
- Consistent delivery of high quality, standardised data to support key processes across Personal lines, Commercial lines and our pan-UK Customer Science capability
- Working to improve data availability and quality to support critical processes, diving continuous improvement
- Ownership of 'Data Usability' pillar of GI Data Strategy including platform rationalisation
- Leading GI involvement in design and build of pan-UK data capabilities including single view of customer
- Developing strong and beneficial relationships with industry and market partners, bringing new insight and technology to Aviva, enabling continuous innovation
What will you get for this role?
- Experience in working with diverse technology and cloud environments
- Experience of building and leading diverse, high performing teams
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- Deep understanding of data science techniques, applications and technology
- Deep understanding of data engineering methodologies, best practice and operating models
- Experience of developing data strategy
- Deep understanding of data governance, data security and data privacy
- Strong influencer, collaborator and relationship builder with colleagues at all levels and across geographies and cultures
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.