Here at Gousto, we are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Our Operations has tripled in size in the last 24 months and we are now about to undertake our biggest ever programme of capacity expansion. This is an exciting and challenging time for Gousto and particularly for our Operations and Supply Chain teams.
Could you take our Operations Excellence team to the next level?
Your role will be to continually improve the business across our people, process and technology.
Your team, Operations Excellence - works closely with Operations, Technology and Proposition to come up with solutions to our biggest customer and operational problems. This role sits in the Operations Excellence team and is embedded in the Gousto supply tribe, to support cross-functional collaboration.
As Head of Continuous Improvement, you'll work with teams across Gousto to embed the Gousto Fulfillment system, remove our wastes, improve our on time in full experience (OTIF) and champion a continuous improvement culture.To ensure we achieve this vision you will be responsible for:
- Improving on the Gousto Fulfillment system to create an ultimate site blueprint for standardised processes across operations
- Collaborate with our Learning and Development teams to embed this blueprint across our estate and ensure that it is bought into by stakeholders across the business
- Create a playbook for taking opportunities or problems all the way from identification to embedded at speed
- Conduct gap analysis to "best in class" to understand where we need to improve to support our vision
- Step change our customer experience and cost per order performance
Your team will be embedded into our operations team across 4 sites, working hand in hand with them to proactively identify their biggest pain points, opportunities and embed solutions.To move the needle on these key KPI's you will need to:
Build a team that champions continuous improvement
- Conduct detailed assessments of processes and systems to understand the biggest opportunities to improve OTIF, efficiency or colleague engagement
- Work with teams across the organisation to prioritise these initiatives leveraging teams in technology and analytics to ensure we focus our efforts on the biggest opportunities
- Set a clear improvement strategy for each site through collaborating with the supply tribe and on-site senior leadership team
- Own the delivery of the site continuous improvement roadmap ensuring that we deliver upon agreed target KPIs
Our ambition is huge and to deliver this we will need a high-performance Continuous Improvement team that is capable of driving value across multiple sites. You will need to hire, onboard and inspire a team of Continuous Improvement Managers and create consistent ways of working across the group.
The challenge does not stop there, to really amplify our impact we will need to create a culture of continuous improvement across all of our sites. To do this we will need to instil a culture of continuous improvement across our operation and ensure our operations teams have the skills to make continuous improvement part of everyday life.About you
- Project management and/or change delivery with a fundamental understanding of different project management methods and when/how best to deploy them
- Commercial, analytical and able to prioritise between competing tasks quickly
- An ability to quickly build valuable relationships that you leverage to take people with you through change
- Certified in lean six sigma or other methodologies from a reputable institute or organisation
- An exceptional communicator at all levels of an organisation
- Bonus points if you have previously built a team from scratch
- Experience building site operating models and driving decisions at C Level to ensure delivery
- Experience working at pace in a fast growth, dynamic business environment
- Industry experience across FMCG/E-commerce/Consumer Goods will be an advantage
The entire team at Gousto is enormously driven - We want to win this market. The environment, underpinned by our ownership principles , is highly dynamic, so everyone has measurable impact and can make a real difference.
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth! Read about our employee benefits here .
Sound like the right fit for your palate? Get in touch, we can't wait to hear from you!