Requisition ID: 233589 Requisition Posting End Date: 04/19/2021 COMPANY OVERVIEW
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from the initial planning and investment, through start-up & operations. Core to Bechel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver. SUMMARY:
Bechtel is entering into the global offshore wind market and needs a UK & Ireland Business Development lead to secure new work helping our clients to deliver major programmes in this rapidly growing market.
The Offshore Wind BD Manager will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and recommending prospective new work within the Offshore Wind market, and potentially related power markets, including strategic market development and penetration. Also to:
- Develop strategy
- Establish and maintain customer relationships and strategic teaming partner relationships.
- Direct preparation of proposals and presentations to win new business opportunities.
- Coordinate with functional departments in formulating strategy
- Lead proposal preparation and negotiations with customer to ensure Bechtel business objectives are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Reports to and receives functional guidance from the UK & Ireland Business Development Manager with an additional reporting line into the Global Manager of Offshore Wind
- Supervises business development representatives, associates and administrative personnel.
- Maintains continuing contacts with project managers, key technical leads, functional managers and counterparts in other Bechtel regions and industry units.
- Maintains continuing professional contacts with customer and industry personnel.
- Establishes Bechtel's strategy in Offshore Wind in the UK and Ireland and builds Bechtel's profile and brand.
- Develops Bechtel's proposition for the Offshore Wind market, drawing on global Bechtel capabilities and functional support.
- Directs departmental efforts and activities in maintaining and improving relationships with customers and building relations with prospective customers. Assists business development representatives or is responsible for:
- Building and maintaining personal relationships with appropriate middle and senior management executives in customer organizations and strategic teaming partners.
- Keeping informed of customers' present and future plans for growth, projects, and programmatic and technical requirements.
- Demonstrating through the use of personal knowledge, supplemented by other Bechtel personnel, how Bechtel can help meet the customers' requirements and expectations.
- Liaises with Project Managers for assigned projects/customers in the engagement and follow-through on the customer survey process and results
- Directs and actively participates in planning the business development/capture strategy for specific prospects. Keeps aware of the business development activity and strategy of competitors, including their pricing trends and approaches. Follows up on jobs won and lost to determine the reasons why Bechtel was or was not selected.
- Supervises the preparation and coordination of proposals, including developing and managing proposal win plans and guiding market intelligence
- Develops teaming and pricing strategies and leads proposal and pricing reviews with functional and senior managers.
- Apprises functional management on as needed basis of prospect status; coordinates proposal and prospect staffing needs; and initiates follow through and obtains management approval at appropriate level per legal instructions and corporate policies.
- Develops strategy and leads proposal presentations and fee negotiations with customers.
- Directs the preparation and ensures corporate approval of contracts for awarded projects/studies.
- Oversees the conduct of research of current and possible future strategic markets. Recommends new services and new industry markets that the company should actively pursue.
- Keeps informed of business relationships between Bechtel managers and key executives in customer and prospective customer organizations, and sees that these are utilized in overall business development efforts.
- Maintains active presence in the industry with strategic teaming partners and subcontractors including small business/small disadvantaged business subcontractors.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Understanding of the UK power market, preferably in Offshore Wind, and/ or related sectors
- Ability to operate as a strategic business development lead - identifying opportunities in the market, shaping the proposition accordingly and building teams to secure new work.
- Knowledge of and/ or experience of project execution.
- Comprehensive experience in sales and strategic business development.
- Verified aptitude to plan and organize resources.
- Skill in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability in making presentations to customers and management.
- Knowledge in preparation of win plans, pre-positioning, targeting, pursuit and capture of strategic prospects.
- Ability to sell Bechtel's value proposition, execution approach and commercial positions to customers with knowledge and authenticity.
- Demonstrated initiative and intensity in pursuit of new work; serves as the internal advocate for a prospect.
- Self-directed, requires limited daily supervision or guidance.
- Proven ability to work effectively in fluid environments.
- Strong covenant based behavior. Works well with teams and other departments.
- Responsive to internal and external customers with consistent follow-up and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions and "connecting dots" through disparate information
- Is able to champion deals both internally and externally with sufficient commercial and contractual/legal knowledge to explore options and solutions with both. Is articulate and concise in describing the deal and associated risk and benefits.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.