We are recruiting for a Group External Reporting Manager to join our Group Finance External Reporting Team within Aviva.
The Group Finance External Reporting Team is principally responsible for meeting the regulatory and statutory reporting requirements for Aviva Plc, associated with the annual reporting, interim half-year results and quarterly business performance, and for developing key supporting insights for the Board and Executive Committees on those results. The key outputs for the team include the Annual Report and Accounts, half-year financial statements, Quarterly Interim Management Information, Environmental Social and Governance reporting, Quarterly Quantitative Reporting Templates, Financial Stability Templates, Annual Solvency Financial Condition Report, and Regulatory Supervisory Report and ad-hoc public financial disclosures.
In addition, the team is responsible for delivering the internal reporting requirements of Aviva Group Centre legal entities and their respective statutory reporting. The k ey deliverables for the legal entities within Aviva Group Centre include the plan, forecasting and other internal reporting and statutory reporting for the entities. Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience required:
- Support the delivery of all group financial reporting ensuring accuracy, adherence to deadlines, technical and business relevance.
- Develop relationships with Markets (as assigned) and gain an understanding of the Market's results and challenges.
- Review and challenge of Market results and messaging to ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Ensure high quality Market commentary through the documents, working with Market teams and the Aviva Finance Operation to ensure the right level of consistency and quality across disclosures.
- Review and challenge of reported numbers, bringing business knowledge and sound accounting judgement in ensuring the quality and robustness of reported numbers.
- Work with Market teams and Aviva Finance Operation to ensure the right level of consistency and quality across disclosures.
- Prepare key disclosures, including planning for changes in response to business needs or best practice development.
- Assist in the verification process of the earnings release, scripts and any other relevant verifiable materials.
- Work closely with Aviva Finance Technical to ensure compliance with accounting policy on all relevant basis.
- Support for projects including IFRS 17, M&A, finance and business change.
What will you get for this role?
- Good experience in plc financial reporting within the financial services sector.
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills.
- Qualified accountant.
- Verbal and presentational skills and ability to present complex issues simply is essential.
- Ability to identify improvements is essential.
- Excellent analytical review skills.
- Ability to identify and mitigate issues or risks and know when to escalate.
- Ability to identify problems and resolve these or escalate as appropriate.
Working at Aviva
- Salary of £50,000 to £70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Once you've applied, please send us a separate email
stating that you have a disclosed disability
and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 07393469953 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.