Heathrow Airport (LHR), Longford TW6, UK
posted 16 hours ago
Welcome to VERCIDA website.Skip to main content
Job Reference: 520775_1565775276
Job typeFull-Time, Permanent Job locationGlasgow, UK
Location: Glasgow / Dublin
Salary: Up to £56,500 / €78,500 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + car/cash allowance + annual bonus
Permanent Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As a Grid Services Engineer you'll be responsible for managing all Grid related issues and opportunities from early project development to Operational handover (Gate 1 - Gate 5). This will encompass both onshore and offshore wind and hydro generation.
Some of the key tasks relating to this role will involve;
- Grid feasibility assessments
- Management of the Grid connection process with the Transmission and Distribution companies
- Assessment of connection offers
- Management of Grid progress meetings
- Achieving and maintaining Grid Code compliance
- Grid outage management
- Ancillary and system services opportunities
Your Skills and Experience
Due to the specialist nature of this role there are a few requirements that we are looking for;
- Qualified Chartered Engineer and a member of the Engineering Council
- Good technical knowledge and experience within Renewable generation
- Good technical knowledge of the power system and its operation
- Working knowledge of appropriate engineering legislation and industry good practice
- Good report writing skills
- Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales
- Commercial awareness in order to understand implications of engineering activities and decisions.
The SSE Renewables Engineering Centre plays a significant role in the delivery of SSE's multi £billion investment programme, and operation of our renewable electricity generation capacity. We provide expertise across a wide range of engineering disciplines to ensure successful project design development and delivery, and best practice asset management across our significant renewable generation fleet.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.