- Want to be part of a team that is pivotal toall ofour technologyand operations?
- Are you intrigued by technology and what it can do (regardless of what you've studied)?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing and will support you to achieve professional qualifications?
If so, a TechnologyGraduatecareer with us could be just what you're looking for.
As the UK's largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Technology teams are crucial to our success. We truly believe our Technology community is amongst the most talented and supportive anywhere. Without their skills and ideas, we wouldn't be the company we are today.
But we're not the kind of organisation that gets complacent. We want to keep investing in our technology, and more importantly, we want to keep investing in the people behind our technology.
That's why ourGraduatejobs are permanent from day one.Technology careers for diverseGraduates
New insights, perspectives and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. Which is why you don't need to have studied IT at university to join us in Technology. We haveGraduates that have studied everything from Town Planning to Maths, from Computer Science to History, and they're all equally brilliant.
We have a real variety of roles across our technology teams.As long asyou're curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest - you'll have a structured training programme and a support network to help you develop.
OurInfrastructure,Network and Operations ManagementGraduatePathway
is afantasticopportunity to be part ofthe team that underpin all our technologyareas:fromtheinfrastructure andhardware,to the networksthat connecteveryone and everything togetherand finallythe software and suppliers that we use. Our roles in this area include:
- NetworkAnalyst(Bristol)-OurNetwork Service is critical to Aviva. It provides the platforms to engage with our customers and the ability for Aviva employees to collaborate. As technology advocates, our Network Analystssupport the running ofnetworkoperations and help develop the service to optimise the way we work
- Software Asset Management Specialist(Norwich)-Our Asset Management teamare essential in managingthesoftwarethat we useacross all Aviva devices. Theyensurecompliance with our high standards and that all risk is appropriately managed and mitigated. You could find yourself looking after a major vendor or a specific function, but we can guarantee, you will find no two days the same
- Firewall and Proxy Management Technician(Bristol)-You willlearn new technologies which help to deliver a high-quality firewall & proxy service for Aviva. This allows us to deliver projects faster andcontinuallyimprove our security. The team supports multiple projects whichvaryfrom firewall configuration, designing the policies, proxy implementation or consultancy.Theychampion innovative thinking to ensure our customers are happy while maintaining the integrity of Aviva.
- Supplier PerformanceAnalyst(Norwich) -As a part of this team, you willberesponsible formanaging the performance of our key strategic suppliers.The tasks are varied but involve performance monitoring, reporting and financial management to name a few. It's an excellent place to build your relationship management skills and knowledge of our supplier governance structure.
- IT Service Owner(Norwich)-Our Service Owners are technical problem solverswho work closely with the business to encourage change andinvestmentin services. They are responsible for the operation and quality of theITservices as well as continuous improvements and change management. In short, the role comes with a varied workload which means no two days will be same!
Whatever role you go into, you'll be working on interesting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced technology professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a brilliant learning environment - a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.Where you'll be based:
We offertheGraduateroles inourBristol and Norwich offices.Not allroles are available in every location so see above which can be basedwhere.Flexible working has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. Post COVID-19, you can expect a blend of working in the office and some home working as applicable.About you
To join us as aGraduate, youwill:
- Have,or be on track for,aDegree in any subject
- Have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Be a force for change and improvement - whether it's through your studies, your work experience or your outside interests, we'll want to see how you've helped make things better
You should also be a confident communicator with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a love of learning and a commitment to continuallydeveloping yourself. And it goes without saying that we'll be looking to see that you have a genuine interest in technology.What will you get for this role?
The recruitment process:
- Starting salary from £25,000 (depending on your skills, experience and qualifications)
- A permanent role from right from the outset - you'll be taught and developed from the ground up by tackling real responsibilities rather than undertaking rotations
- Professional qualifications aligned to your role
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network, including buddies and mentors - many of whom have been with us for years
- A holiday allowance of 29 days, plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to five additional days
- An annual performance-related bonus and pay review
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Plusplenty more
We'll assess your strengths as well as looking at how well you connect with our values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Making an online application - this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial CV screen, you'll be sent some online tests
- Pass these, and you'll have a telephone interview with us
- And if you do well in these, there's an assessment day
We will assess you for all roles within the Pathway you apply forand we would encourage you to be as flexible as possible about any rolepreferencesyou indicate in your application. We willtaketheseinto account when making anyfinalrecruitmentdecisions but cannot guaranteeyour role preference.
We are looking at a September start date for all roles.Proud to be diverse
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a discloseddisabilityand we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.firstname.lastname@example.org
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.