The Global Media Relations and Social Media team is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable and energetic professional to join our award-winning Global Media Relations and Social Media team to support our Global Tax business. EY tax professionals offer services across all tax disciplines - from international tax, transaction tax, compliance, reporting, law and more -to help EY clients thrive in an era of rapid change. Your key responsibilities
In this role, you will help position EY as a leading voice on its Tax topics and programs, such as global tax reform, tax transparency, moving the tax agenda into the C-Suite and Boardroom, business transformation/purpose, with digital disruption and the talent agenda as a thread throughout. You will work as part of a high-performing team and will lend some support to other high-priority projects for other businesses or for corporate priorities - like World Entrepreneur of the Year, World Economic Forum, International Women's Day and others as defined on an ad-hoc basis.
You will also work directly with EY's global PR network to ensure Global Tax programs and research secure media coverage in their key markets and countries. As one of two media advisors to the Global Tax group, you will have knowledge/experience of Tax issues or feel comfortable studying issues and trends to leverage for PR purposes. You will also have a good foundation and experience in all of the elements in the PR mix, (including writing press releases, messaging, op-eds, blogs, results reports, more); experience managing social media channels (including advising and supporting leaders with social media, creating social media content, commissioning social graphics and cards).Qualifications: Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- The ability to advise stakeholders in building effective media programs and engaging with international media
- Extensive experience in managing and advising senior leadership on a day-to-day basis
- An understanding of, and keen interest in, print and broadcast media relations; strong media relationship development experience
- Experience managing high-profile events, ideally global events that involve a large number of countries
- Strong social media skills - managing social channels, using publishing tools, adhering to standards
Ideally, you'll also have
- Good existing relationships with producers at broadcast media (including CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN and BBC World) and general business and markets writers at key international media (including Financial Times , Wall Street Journal , Bloomberg, Reuters, Dow Jones)
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe. Ideally some experience in handling international project launches.
- Experience working with senior executives and managing individuals' media profiles
What we look for
- The ability to manage several projects concurrently; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and networking experience and skills in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within the organization, including global leadership
- 5 years PR experience working in-house or agency and experience working with corporate, financial or professional services organizations
We are looking someone with the soft skills to work with senior stakeholders and a diverse team; who is able to work well within a globally dispersed team across multiple time zones. You are a dynamic self-starter and have the intellectual rigor and curiosity to work with complex and/or technical subject matter to create compelling and headline-grabbing media stories that work across the world. The ideal candidate is an experienced, organized, proactive, energetic, detail-oriented professional who enjoys a mix of strategic planning, practical execution as well as measurement. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.