BAE Systems is looking for a dynamic Product Manager to join our Financial Crime Product and Solutions team to drive the strategy and direction of our P&C Insurance Fraud product, to ensure we remain market leaders, delivering world class Financial Crime products.
At a global level our Financial Crime Product Management team drives the direction and execution of our Financial Crime products across the UK, EMEA, US and APAC regions. The role demands collaboration with Engineering, Product Marketing, Sales / Pre-Sales and industry SMEs, as well as on-going engagement with our customers, prospects and industry analysts.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for your product ensuring we achieve the best possible results in the market for our investment. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with the market. We expect you to build the strategy and direction of the product, validated through broad engagement with customers, industry analysts, account teams, industry trends, competitor activity etc. You are required to combine business and technical knowledge, a big-picture vision, and drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers, partners, prospects and analysts to understand problems, and identify profitable, differentiated solutions.
You must be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from board director to junior analyst, use influencing skills, and a range of styles to ensure they feel ownership of the business. You will work with Engineering to define product release requirements, and influence key design decisions. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers to ensure market success.
This role will report into the Head of Financial Crime Product and Solutions. This role will be based in the UK (Guildford, London).What you'll be doing
What we're looking for
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities working collaboratively with Engineering, Product Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Specifying product direction and market requirements by conducting research validated through broad engagement with customers, industry analysts, account teams, SMEs, industry trends etc.
- Owning investment in product; setting the prioritisation of initiatives with engineering and working with the Product Owners to ensure initiatives are elaborated in backlogs.
- Building deep relationships with our customers, understanding their business challenges / needs through regular visits, facilitation of Customer Advisory Boards etc.
- Building relationships with key industry analysts, providing briefings on products, raising enquiries and responding to research requests to help position BAE and our financial crime products.
- Working with the Product Marketing team to define product positioning and establish marketing campaigns, thought leadership and product collateral to improve market awareness and generate demand in the market.
- Support account teams with identification of opportunities and responses to RFPs.
- Working with the Product Delivery Manager to agree roadmaps and release plans, ensure co-ordinated product launches and adherence to investment processes.
- Analysing potential partner relationships for products.
- Analysing product performance through analysis of KPIs and P&L.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Bachelors or Master degree, or international equivalent
- Product Manager experienced in Financial Services, insurance industry. Have evidential experience in successful role in product management of Financial Crime product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel internationally
- Experience with the application of Pragmatic Marketing Framework is desirable
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.