Overview Global Data & Analytics Lead Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, employing approximately 30,000 people worldwide; Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients across multinational corporations and small to mid-size businesses.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally. Global Analytics EMEA Lead
If you are passionate about developing your career within one of the largest insurers in the world with offices in 54 countries and excellent employee benefits and a diverse working culture, then we would love to hear from you!
Reporting to the SVP of Global Analytics, this position is responsible for leading the pricing and underwriting analytics in Chubb EMEA region within the broader Global Analytics function. In this capacity, you will work closely with EMEA business unit leaders to support pricing, underwriting, and related analytics initiatives for both Commercial Lines and Consumers Lines.
You will also help business units identify opportunities that can be supported by advanced analytics. A successful candidate will have: a strong technical background in data and analytical models/algorithms/techniques; a proven track record delivering actionable insights to improve business outcomes; the ability to communicate technical concepts and results to non-technical audiences and to interface efficiently with our business partners in order to quickly understand the need; strong interpersonal and project management skills; and solid insurance knowledge. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications
- Work closely with business units to understand the business problems and develop technical solution to the business problem.
- Develop professional relationships with counterparts in IT and business units, and work with them to advance understanding of the business, and to secure data needed for project work.
- Perform and coordinate the development of models and data/analytical work products.
- Analyze data, deliver business insights, and develop solutions to support more refined segmentation of the book or underwriting insights using statistical modeling or other machine learning techniques as needed.
- Lead preparation and presentation of analytical findings to the business users of different technical level.
- Monitor the performance of current models that are in place and recommend changes to models.
- Identify new opportunities to leverage analytics within Chubb EMEA Region to support both top line and bottom line performance.
- Collaborate with other colleagues in Global Analytics to delivery key initiatives as needed.
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork
- College degree or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Actuarial Science, or other related field of study.
- Experience in an analytics driven role. Experience in building statistics and machine learning models to optimize business decisions.
- Experience with predictive modeling in P&C Insurance is strongly preferred. Analytics experience beyond pricing and UW is a plus.
- Deep experience in statistical modeling and machine learning tools such as Python, R, SQL. Solid knowledge of statistical modeling such as GLM and other advanced analytical skills. Experience with advanced machine learning techniques. Experience with Emblem and Radar is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in translating detailed model output, trends, and statistics into executive-level reporting and presentations: distill complex analytical techniques and results into actionable insights and articulate their implications for business decisions and outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple analytic initiatives from end to end and adhere to mutually agreed schedules; Commitment to excellence in delivery of results.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals across several functional areas in order to drive projects to successful completion.
- Excellent project management and organization skills. Experience managing technical staff preferred.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We're an ethical and honest company that's wholly committed to its clients. A business that's engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that's collaborative and supportive. Diversity & Inclusion.
At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances. https://www2.chubb.com/emea-careers/working-for-us/diversity-inclusion.aspx Work Location:
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Information Technology Employment Type:
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.