Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Shared Service and Banking Operations delivers industry leading operational solutions by aligning the right functions, people, processes and tools into ten core disciplines offering tailored client service levels that are efficient, controlled and compliant with regulation. Our core disciplines include: Asset Servicing, Cash Management, Client Data Management, Global Banking Services, Loans Servicing, Network Management, Payments (Wireless and Disbursements), Reconciliations, Settlements and Tax Operations.
Global Network Management (GNM) resides within the Shared Services and Banking Operations Department. The team currently operates as a global unit with extensive communication between the various Network Management teams, currently located in Glasgow, Hong Kong, London, New York and Mumbai. Global Banking Services (GBS) sits within the Global Network Management team.
The Network Management teams core responsibilities include managing the Firm's selection, evaluation, and management of its external agent bank network, providing pre-investment support and provision of market information relevant to the business activity of the firm and its clients, and performing ongoing Due Diligence of the Agent Bank network in line with global regulatory requirements. Within GNM, the Global Banking Services team are responsible for the opening and closure of custody and clearing bank accounts held at external agent banks, and own the creation and ongoing review of Regulatory documentation associated with bank account openings, including Client Money letters, Asset Segregation letters and Good Control Location Letters. This broad remit covers the full spectrum of Morgan Stanley entities across all markets. Such scope provides a dynamic, ever changing backdrop for an exciting role involving collaboration across multiple Business Units and Ops teams.
This role is to perform the full front to back process of opening and closing external bank accounts within the EMEA region. The role involves working closely with both internal and external (Agent Bank) teams to ensure prompt bank account opening and closing, adherence with market regulations and provide escalation in line with the agreed SLA's.
- Manage the front to back account opening and closing process for all markets
- Work with Internal Morgan Stanley Teams to complete the account opening requirements - including Legal, GNM Country Management Teams, Compliance and a variety of Business Units
- Manage the Morgan Stanley Signatory requests for Account Opening and Closing Documentation
- Understand Regulatory requirements in relation to account opening and closing - KYC, AML, Due Diligence
- Ensure continued adherence against agreed SLA's for each market
- Internal & External Stakeholder Management: Conduct meetings with internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders (agent banks) to review outstanding issues, performance and service levels
- Ongoing timely and accurate escalation to keep Managers updated on progress
- Project Management: manage high focus account opening / closure requests on the back of key deliverables
- Ensuring the sustainability of the LEAN culture within the team, and continuing to strive to seek out operational efficiencies
- Process Improvements: Highlight potential process improvements in line with the LEAN culture to streamline processes, automate where possible and add value
- Subject Matter Expertise: develop current and in-depth knowledge of global markets, account opening requirements and pre-investment information
- Quarterly review and update of desktop procedures and supervisory procedures
- People Management - conduct 1:1s, coaching sessions to develop individuals
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-AM1