Posted on June 21, 2019
Term: Permanent Reports to: Partner Practice group: Real Estate Location: Glasgow Purpose of role
We're recruiting for a Newly Qualified Associate to join our Commercial Real Estate team in Glasgow. In this role, you'll be part of a large, top ranked team that intend to keep growing. You'll have access to great quality work and we'll support your training and development.
In this job, you'll assist with providing support for commercial clients, in particular for a large national landowner, and additional property support as required.
- Working closely with fee earners and paralegals, you'll proactively assist commercial transactions, including examining and reporting on titles, drafting and negotiating documentation and dealing with registrations
- Assisting with client matters and ensuring work is completed accurately and on time
- Drafting documentation and correspondence to clients and solicitors, ensuring all salient points are covered accurately and clearly
Ideally, we're looking for someone with the following:
- Exposure/strong interest in commercial real estate
- Able to apply own legal initiative as an integral member of the tea
- Enthusiasm and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external clients of all levels
- Able to organise and prioritise effectively
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adapt to change
- Enjoys solving problems and dealing with clients matters
And in working with us, you'll enjoy the following:
- A welcoming, close knit team that will continue to grow
- High quality work for well known clients, with autonomy and opportunities to develop
- Training and guidance with access to high quality work
- Working for an amiable Partner
- Joining a firm that takes an active stance on bringing your authentic self to work, supporting mental health, Diversity & Inclusion and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Being part of the largest law firm in the world
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work www.dentons.com .
Diversity & Inclusion
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and encouraging diversity. This is right for our staff and for our business.
Our promotion of diversity helps us achieve our aims: by creating and maintaining a firm-wide culture of inclusion, the unique talents and potential of all our workforce can be recognised, encouraged and supported.
Diversity and Inclusion are becoming increasingly important to our clients and many now seek appropriate assurance that we match their own corporate aspirations in this regard.
We are proud that in the Firm's most recent staff engagement survey 78% of respondents felt that we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences and that everyone is given equal opportunities for career development.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. If, as a result of a disability, you believe that there are aspects of the recruitment process or job that you would find more difficult than a non-disabled person, please tell us as soon as possible. We will then be able to discuss with you any reasonable adjustments that could be made to the recruitment process or the job itself.