Description Geo-Environmental Consultant
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow. Job Description
As a geo-environmental consultant you will be an integrated member of our UK-wide team, working in our project teams to undertake data collection, site management, task management, reporting and interpretation of results on a wide range of geo-environmental projects.
We are looking for a consultant at the start of their career, who has experience of supporting on land contamination and/or ground condition assessments. As part of the Geo-environmental team you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and conduct a variety of different tasks including ground investigations, environmental sampling, technical report writing, environmental risk assessment, development of material management plans and waste classification that will impact the success of said projects.
In return, you will join an award-winning team and be part of one of the global top 3 consultants within the field. Working across various projects, you will have the opportunity to work alongside international technical experts and continue building on your experience. Our environmental team works closely with our global colleagues to share knowledge and collaborate on projects all over the world.
There is flexibility as to your choice of location within the UK and you can select any of the following offices: Guildford, Cambridge, Croydon, Exeter, Cardiff, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds. Your Day-to-Day
- Desk studies and preliminary risk assessments. \t
- Field based work undertaken across the UK, including: \t
- Site management of ground investigations and associated works, with a strong focus on health and safety management and documentation. \t\t
- The collection of site characterisation data, including soil & groundwater sampling, the logging of soils to appropriate British Standards and undertaking suitable in-situ field testing. \t\t
- The collection of environmental samples and management of sample collection paperwork, and scheduling for laboratory analysis \t\t
- The compilation of site data for factual reports, and development of interpretive reports including conceptual site models and undertaking of generic risk assessments. \t
- Work collaboratively with other sectors/disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall project.
- Produce project outputs (e.g. documentation, reports, specifications) and ensure that they meet or exceed client expectations and Arcadis requirements and comply with relevant national standards and codes of practice. \t
- Develop effective working relationships with the Project Manager and with the client and ensure effective communication of progress and changes and the resolution of issues. \t
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the services delivered by Arcadis, of the client's business and the industry sector to facilitate personal networking and to consolidate personal and company credibility in the industry.
\t Why Arcadis?
- BSc qualified (or higher) in Geology, Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science or similar, or equivalent. \t
- Entry level experience of working in geo-environmental projects (i.e. contamination or geotechnical) \t
- Ability to work both independently, within a local office-based team, and larger multidisciplinary teams to deliver projects to tight deadlines and budgets. \t
- Experience of working on site and in supervising contractors e.g. drillers \t
- Proficient report writer - Environmental Phase 1 & 2 \t
- An awareness of potential risks associated with geo-environmental investigations, including health & safety, budgetary and technical considerations. \t
- Working towards professional membership and chartership.
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
BSc qualified (or higher) in Geology, Environmental Geoscience, Environmental Science or similar, or equivalent.