Geo Data Analyst
Geo-Environmental Data Collection, Management and Processing
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because we look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
At Arcadis we offer a dynamic, team focused work environment and responsibilities that will both challenge and reward you. As a Data Analyst you will play an integral role in our Site Evaluation and Restoration (SER) team. The SER team provides comprehensive ground investigation, assessment and remediation services to both public and private sector clients in the UK and overseas. The team includes geologists, engineers, hydrogeologists, chemists and environmental scientists. Our projects are multi-award winning; including advanced conceptualisation, high resolution site investigation; innovative remediation methods and R&D projects.
As Data Analyst you will take a leading role in the development of digital tools and processes to increase the efficiency of environmental data collection, assessment and visualisation of our client's sites from a range of possible perspectives. This technical role working alongside others developing our digital platforms allows for a degree of flexibility in duties to suit the needs of the business and the individual enabling our team members to play to their strengths.
Our local focus and global reach; alongside our attention to education provide an excellent platform for career progression.
• Design, development and implementation of flexible digital data capture tools using a combination of no code and low code platforms (specifically Fulcrum, BIM360 Field, and ESRI).
• Day to day administration, liaison with data users and program leads, maintenance of databases and mentoring of project staff.
• Development of data analysis and output tools (for example Power BI).
• Identification of inefficiencies, potential for process automation.
• Identify where site specific data collection tools could be merged and managed as one generic tool.
• Understanding of fundamental database structure & design with the ability to create and interrogate large datasets with a variety of tools
• Knowledge of MS Power BI including use of Power Query M formula to create reports
• Microsoft ecosystem knowledge
• Some knowledge of scripting including Java Script or Python
• Familiarity with form creation within form-based applications e.g. Fulcrum, Survey123, Collector
• Excellent attention to detail and knowledge of good data management practice
• Motivation, enthusiasm and a desire to deliver exceptional outcomes
• Desirable: Experience of Environmental Engineering sector
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people first' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other benefits include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, flexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.