The Corporate Affairs and Marketing function for Lendlease in Europe is responsible for managing the corporate reputation of the company in Europe as well as strategic and operational marketing management at a corporate, business line and project level. Within our projects, we deliver residential, retail, offices and public spaces as key components that make a Place. These projects can last many years and require complex customer and stakeholder engagement.
Following the appointment of a new Head of Corporate Affairs and Marketing for the region, the business is looking for an experienced senior marketer
to work alongside the head of department to elevate our brand's presence in the region. The successful candidate will combine a strategic mindset with operational excellence and a passion for place to increase the effectiveness of our marketing and placemaking activity and deliver enhanced return on investment.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs & Marketing for Europe, this role, in liaison with internal teams and external agency partners, is responsible for overseeing all ongoing marketing strategic, operational and brand management activity, while providing strategic support to the marketing teams and delivering incremental improvements in process, delivery and budgeting.
- Develop and lead the implementation of regional and business unit marketing strategies to support Lendlease Europe's overall strategies and objectives
- Ensure appropriate planning, development and delivery all marketing & communications efforts including but not limited to brand positioning and development, advertising, events, social media, content marketing, events and sponsorships.
- Ensure effective use of, and compliance with, our global Masterbrand guidelines.
- Oversee and support marketing and communications activity through regular, structured, engagement with the marketing teams.
- Develop and implement processes and templates for improved marketing best practice performance.
- Develop and deliver an ongoing programme of Customer Research, Insight and Relationship Management activity, in line with corporate best practice.
- Use local competitive, client, and market insights to inform business strategies and optimize impact of marketing spend.
- Establish and manage the supplier panel.
- Manage the marketing budgets with the marketing teams.
- Review and establish relevant, timely reporting methods.
- Oversee training and development requirements for the marketing team.
- Taking a pivotal role in the establishment and running of designated marketing projects.
- Provide effective leadership and line management for a small team.
- Play an active role on the European Corporate Affairs and Marketing leadership team.
- Coordinate with other Corporate Affairs & Communications professionals globally to develop and share best practices
Key Tasks and ActivitiesBrand Management:
Act as a brand champion across the Group. Understand the Lendlease brand guidelines intimately, update related customers internally and externally on any Brand guideline updates as necessary.Marketing Planning
: Run the marketing planning and quarterly forecasting processes. Establish tools to help support the annual Development marketing planning process i.e. marketing plan pack including templates, key milestones and dates. Manage the marketing calendar.Marketing Operations:
Drive and oversee the delivery of strategic, value add initiatives to support the function.Delivery
: Ongoing improvements to our ways of working to improve efficiency and overall marketing delivery. This includes our supplier panel management. Take personal responsibility for the development and delivery of selected campaigns and programmes. Resourcing
: Establish a process for monitoring of all marketing output and workflow. Regularly review both in house capability and agency partner resource against delivery requirements.Reporting
: Manage reporting and, as required, develop improved structures, templates and timelines. Budgeting
: Manage the budget process - development, spend and management of - working with Finance. Utilise a zero-based budgeting approach for budgeting. Training & Development
: Develop and manage the marketing team development program.Project Management
: Run and/or participate in designated marketing projects eg. Global Customer Experience Research.Leadership:
Provide inspiring leadership to the Marketing team, living the Lendlease values at all times. Act as a collaborative member of the wider CA&M regional leadership team.Line Management:
Motivate, manage and develop a small team of marketers.Connecting Ideas
- Leverage existing knowledge to continuously improve process and create efficienciesTaking ownership
- taking personal responsibility of outcomes for our customers and our peopleEffective teaming
- building trust by working together to achieve common goalsMaking decisions
- making decisions based on people, commercial acumen and business judgementSkills required
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Candidates should have a good working knowledge of all key aspects of both B2B and B2C marketing delivery with demonstrable experience including team, agency and budgetary management responsibility.
- The ability to combine big picture thinking with deep dives into granular detail on an ongoing basis. Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies, commissioning, managing and analysing research, developing and managing budgets, with a good working & strategic knowledge of all marketing disciplines, confidence in managing agencies in a partnership approach, and solid grounding in marketing measurement and KPI's.
- Good working knowledge of digital, social media and PR.
- A confident communicator, with gravitas & the ability to juggle multiple workstreams. A flexible, adaptable approach to work and the ability to work well with a broad range of both functions and personalities.
A flair for influencing and persuading across a range of stakeholders and groups
A strong negotiator, driving solutions
Resilient, able to deal with change
Builds strong rapport with teams and stakeholders, and challenges without being adversarial.
Organised, with great attention to detail, yet able to multitask when under pressure
Strong creative flair and innovative in approaching problem solving
A passion for people, places, communication and creativity.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.