A suitable candidate must be prepared to proactively seek out necessary information, contacts and show stoppers and find and orchestrate solutions. Candidate must have a good instinct for the prerequisites of a secure system and validate coded and deployed artefacts meet best practice; they must be able to adopt the view point of the malicious actor and build against it or adopt the view of the tester and build to it.
Mobile application development experience is desirable but not required as the role requires working side by side with mobile developers in other teams.Qualifications Skills Required
Understanding of agile development principles; specifically the Scrum development methodology
- Ability to consistently develop code to a high quality and motivate others to do the same
- Experience with source code management (e.g., knowledge of tools such as Git, Perforce or similar)
- Sound understanding of software testing principles
- Exposure to the full Software Development lifecycle including testing and deployment
- Experience with development and software quality tools such as Eclipse, Ant, JUnit, Jenkins or similar CI tools
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux family of operating systems
- Understanding of writing multi-threaded and distributed applications
- Understanding of secure software design principles
- Familiarity with the latest web security standards
- Experience developing large scale globally deployed systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding with RESTful API designs
- Und erstanding of security concepts including authentication, authorization, and encryption
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with the Apache CXF and Spring frameworks
- Good scripting skills (Python, shell)
- Experience/ Understanding of LDAP interface
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.