A career in our Disputes practice, within Forensic Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients navigate through complex disputes, including those related to International Arbitration, Litigation and Sale & Purchase Agreements.
Our team helps organisations to pre-empt and avoid disputes where possible, as well as dealing with them effectively if they do happen, working on both local and international matters.
PwC's Forensic Services team comprises around 670 people in the UK, based in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester and Reading. Our services are wide ranging and include dispute resolution, fraud and other financial investigations, non-financial investigations, financial crime prevention, construction claims, contract reviews and licensing management. Our team includes accountants, compliance specialists, former regulators, lawyers, civil engineers and IT specialists and we are part of a global network of over 1,700 Forensic Services professionals within the global PwC network.
We have an opportunity for a Manager to join our Disputes competency team. We are a highly skilled client facing team who support clients in a variety of dispute-related situations. The value we bring is often directly visible to clients, in terms of savings they will make or value they will gain, making our work highly rewarding and interesting. We work cross sectors with corporate and private equity clients as well as directly for law firms. The Disputes team is based across a number of offices in the UK.
We are looking for a Manager who is a qualified accountant with at least two years of experience post-qualification. You will have the opportunity to work on transaction-related disputes (eg. completion accounts and earn outs), Commercial Litigations and International Arbitration ("IA") engagements. Prior experience of such roles is preferred but not a prerequisite, providing you can demonstrate audit and/or valuations experience as an alternative. It is important that you are a self-starter, a commercial and creative thinker with a desire to learn and that you can work well individually as well as part of a team.
Projects will be mainly carried out at PwC'sBirmingham office, although you may be required to travel to client sites occasionally (across the UK and sometimes global client sites) or other PwC UK offices for training / meetings.Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing client facing engagements as well as driving specific business development initiatives within the team. Client facing responsibilities include:
- Being the day-to-day contact for the client;
- Liaising with external contacts to source the information we require and critically reviewing that information;
- Identifying balance sheet areas which may warrant further investigation / give rise to adjustments (for transaction-related engagements);
- Preparing and reviewing financial models and complex analyses for quantification of loss (for Litigation and IA engagements);
- Managing engagement set up for new projects;
- Managing engagement costs throughout the project;
- Coaching junior team members and reviewing their output;
- Drafting client deliverables; and
- Proactively suggesting better / more efficient ways to deliver our work.
To progress in the role it will be important for you to demonstrate an appetite and ability to engage in business development, with law firms and across the internal PwC network.
Suitable applicants will have all or most of the following attributes:
- ACA/ACCA qualified;
- Strong accounting skills and good attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy both in analysis and when preparing written reports and outputs;
- Clear logical thinker and well organised;
- Fast learner with a sceptical and inquisitive mindset;
- Commercial outlook with an interest in the wider context of our work; and
- Confident communicator and able to deal with people at all levels.