An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of a Fitter in Core Design and Manufacture of the Rolls-Royce Submarines Business. CDM is responsible for the manufacture and delivery of nuclear core components.
As part of the fitting cell in our facility your role will be to carry out a myriad of tasks on all stages of the product range. Due to the nature of the product involved all tasks need to be done efficiently and accurately before the product is allowed to move on to the next operation.
You will be using a variety of fitting techniques order to address issues that could affect the products performance when in service or present issues later down the line in the manufacturing process. The methods used for these tasks can include everything from hand fitting techniques, both air and electric grinding as well as basic inspection practices. This includes not only the basic tasks but also some of the more complex and intricate operations which require specific tolerances to be achieved.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Our Submarines Business is responsible for the design, manufacture, supply and through-life support of nuclear propulsion-related products and systems in support of the Royal Navy's submarine fleet.Key accountabilities:
- The interpretation of manufacturing drawings and written specifications.
- Work within a team to effectively resolve quality issues.
- Communicate requirements at all levels across the business.
- Work closely with internal and external customers to continuously improve business performance.
- Proficient use of hand tools of all descriptions, detail finishing tools and an experience of fettling and material finishing to a fine tolerance.
- The ability to make decisions giving suitable justifications for your conclusions.
- The ability to dress and inspect components to drawing requirements.
- You must have served a recognised Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent with relevant Fitting work.
- Capable of managing time/resource effectively.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong awareness of HS&E requirements.
- Sheet metal work would be an advantage.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
beyond tomorrow. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Closing date: 23 August 2019
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.Job Category
Factory Staff Posting Date
09 Aug 2019; 00:08