Additional role requirements:
So what's the role all about?
- DBS check required
- Full valid driving licence - Fuel card provided
As a Fire Alarm Tester, you will be carrying out and the testing, inspection, maintenance and servicing of PA Housing's fire safety systems and Building Services equipment. This role will be based mostly onsite to our homes in the London and South East area with occasional visits to the office in Walton-on-Thames for training and meetings.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
We don't require any specific qualifications for this role as full training will be provided. Some of the key tasks and responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, we'd be looking for the following...
- Project a positive image of PA Housing by providing an excellent level of customer service to all customers.
- Carry out an effective maintenance and inspection regime of fire safety systems and Building Services equipment by undertaking a regular testing and servicing regime. The fire systems and Building Services equipment includes but not limited to fire alarm panels, fire detection, sounders, emergency lighting, portable fire extinguishers, AOVs, MOVs, emergency lift lines, portable appliance testing and other systems and equipment as required.
- Record all maintenance and inspection outcomes on our asset management system Keystone through mobile devices such as a laptop or phone.
- Report all equipment malfunctions, equipment not scheduled for maintenance or inspection, equipment and components in need of repair or replacement or any issues found on site that could have an impact to health and safety.
- Raise urgent orders and report repairs from site where required.
- Work collaboratively with the Building Services teams to develop effective and efficient services, to deliver consistent services across PA and share best practise.
Please refer to the attached job description to find out more... What's in it for you?
- Knowledge in fire safety measures and active fire safety systems.
- Good technical knowledge in all areas of building services equipment and maintenance.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- Good technical knowledge of electrical fixed wiring systems, maintenance and testing procedures.
- Experience of undertaking servicing and maintenance of building services equipment, including fire alarms and detection.
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependant on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to people's lives every day.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent discretionary range of employee benefits some of with include:
& much more! Check out our handy benefits flyer to see what else we can offer you!Do you care about the same things we do?
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles). With the possibility for colleagues to buy or sell a maximum of 35 hours in annual leave year subject to certain conditions
- Access to the Simply Health Cash plan scheme for discounted optical, dental and health care bills
- Perkbox Rewards - Big discounts on high Street shops, cinemas, airport parking and hotels, savings with Apple, free coffee at Caffe Nero each month, download a free film each month and more!
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives such as fitness classes, walking clubs, meditation sessions and more
- Travel to work perks such as Bike2Work Scheme, allowing you to purchase a bike under salary sacrifice & 0% Season ticket loans for bus and train tickets
- Upon successful to completion of your probationary period, we offer our colleagues an interest free loan of up to £5,000 to assist with general living costs
We have three values we work by. When we meet, we'll need you to show us how they are important to you too.
We always do the right thing: We offer the best quality service that we can.
We're there when you need us: We listen and take action ensuring we deliver on our promises.
We never give up: We are courageous in our pursuit of growth to provide more quality affordable homes.Our EDI Policy:
At PA Housing, communities are at the heart of everything we do. We know how important it is to be representative of our customers and the communities we serve, and we have always committed to creating an inclusive approach to our recruitment process to ensure that we are hiring from a diverse talent pool of people. We're an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from any individual who has the relevant skills and experience for the role, inclusive of any protected characteristics such as gender identity, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation and age.
At PA Housing, we pride ourselves in being a disability confident employer and support our applicants with any additional adjustments they may require during their application process. We take a flexible approach to working, and support part-time hours, job shares, where possible and provide a salary sacrifice option for childcare vouchers.
As part of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, actively hiring women into this role is one our objectives to increase and promote diversity at PA Housing. If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply on our recruitment portal via our company website.
Equality, diversity and inclusion | PA HousingSo who are we?
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it's about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.Disclosure and Barring Service:
This role of requires the successful candidate to complete a basic DBS check. A basic DBS check will show any unspent convictions.
So why do we need to know this information? This role will be required to visit / support PA Housing residents in their own homes on a regular basis. Therefore we have a duty to our residents to ensure that we have taken precautions regarding who will be visiting them and representing PA Housing.
Having unspent convictions will not necessarily preclude you from being recruited into the role; if you are potentially the successful candidate, we will complete a risk assessment with you to understand the circumstances around your conviction, how relevant they are to the post you have applied for and what remedial action , if any, have you have taken since your conviction. Suitable references will also need to be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We're happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button or for any enquiries please email [email protected]