We are currently recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager to join the Aviva Finance Operations (AFO) team within Aviva.
The AFO Consolidation & Reporting team generates the Aviva plc Report and Accounts including the IFRS financial statements and notes, Solvency II QRTs and narrative reports. In addition, it runs the Group consolidation process and produces analysis to give confidence to senior stakeholders over the quality of the accounts. Duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experience required
- Planning and preparation of key activities of the reporting cycles
- Consolidation of the Group financial data and generation of Aviva plc Report and Accounts, including business performance analysis, financial statements and corresponding notes and regulatory and narrative reporting
- Analysis of consolidated data and review and challenge of reported numbers; bring business knowledge and sound accounting judgement in ensuring the consistency and robustness of reported numbers
- Ensure operation of controls to give comfort over the quality and accuracy of Aviva plc Report and accounts, regulatory returns and narrative reporting,
- Briefing and communication with business units, internal and external stakeholders including Aviva Group teams and offshore resource
- Implementation of change within the team, championing and leading continuous process improvement
- Other work to support IFRS or SII cycles including process improvements
What will you get for this role?
- Strong financial/regulatory reporting and accounting skills
- Insightful at analytical review, results analysis and results commentary for internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate across all levels and across different geographies
- Ability to work independently and on their own initiative, resolve issues where appropriate and know when to escalate
- Strong team player - enjoys working as part of a team to achieve the team's goals and deadlines
- Implementation of change and continuous improvement
- Financial systems experience, particularly Excel, Oracle and Magnitude
Oh and by the way...
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva we always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. We'll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they're from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied and we'll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 200 5926 or ping them an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.