About the role
Finance Solutions is one of the PwC Operate teams, currently experiencing growth. The team provides a variety of managed and outsourced finance and operational services including accounting function support, management accounting, transitional and interim finance support.
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients.
You will work closely with clients' teams (typically CFO's and FD's) and coordinate our delivery that typically includes:
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Cash book reconciliation
- General ledger management including the delivery of the month end trial balance to an SLA timetable
- Specific accounting for new Securitisation, IFRS 9, derivative instruments and EIR
- Management of the statutory accounts process and will therefore work closely with our Tax, Statutory Accounts, Treasury and Technical Accounting teams who typically provide similar services to our clients and you will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of and reporting against the SLA with the client.
- There is also the opportunity to support the growth of our business through business development activities, proposals and the mentoring of junior staff.
Who we are looking for:
Candidates must demonstrate that they are self-motivated and have a willingness to enhance their finance experience. In addition, the candidate should possess the following:
- Qualified ACA /ACCA / CIMA
- Controllership experience in a financial services environment
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of bringing a trial balance to statutory accounts
- A good working knowledge of management accounting and technical accounting, in particular IFRS 9, Securitisation, Derivatives and EIR.
- A good working knowledge of the UK lending industry and its regulatory environment.
- Self drive and resilience.
- Experience of challenging and improving financial processes and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Good analytical skills, commercial aptitude and professionally sceptical mindset (ability to identify issues, understand complex problems, draw sound conclusions)
- A strong desire to learn, a willingness to share knowledge and a strong team ethic
- The ability to coach and develop others
- Enthusiastic, diligent and energetic with a flexible approach in a rapidly changing environment
- A proven track record of providing exceptional service and establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
The role will be based in London but may require some travel from time to time to help support our client base throughout the UK.
What's in it for you?
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity