The EY Foundation is a charity and a company, limited by guarantee, established in 2014. We were founded by EY, the professional services firm, which continues to provide funding and donations to the charity under a multi-annual funding agreement. We are governed by a board of trustees, who are supported by a number of committees and leadership and management teams.
The EY Foundation helps young people, disadvantaged in the labour market, to fulfil their work potential. We are unique in our position as the link between employers and young people, having strong relationships with both.
Our work involves designing, developing and running our own services: Smart Futures, Our Future and Accelerate, as well as raising independent funds to support new initiatives and reach more young people across the UK. We work with organisations from across all sectors, including commercial, not-for-profit, education and government.
As an independent charity we have to diversify and raise our own income through traditional fundraising, grants and, increasingly, through the development of our work with corporate partners.
Within the Foundation we adopt flexible roles that reflect the dynamic nature of our charity and enable our people to learn, develop and grow their skills and open up career opportunities. This is part of our investment in you.
This role profile provides an outline of what will be involved in your role rather than an exhaustive list of duties. Both you and this role will naturally evolve.
In your role you will be expected to demonstrate or develop leadership competences based on the Foundation's four key values. They are: Growth mindset
- increase our impact on more young people through dedication, innovation and hard work Empower people
- everyone is given the opportunity to develop and to succeed Courage
- use new learning and diversity of thought to challenge the status quo, embracing
lessons learned even if a project misses its targets Collaboration
- build relationships - internally and externally - to share ideas,
inclusive approach, and achieve bigger outcomes. Your key responsibilities Your role as Technical Lead
Whatever your specific responsibilities and specialisms, as a Technical Lead you will be customer and delivery-focused, structured and organised in your approach to your work. You will be adept and creative in resource management and an expert in your specialist field. You will be a clear, proactive communicator and highly engaged and mutually collaborative in your work and that of your colleagues. You will take personal ownership of your work and will be proactive in your own development. Your role as Fiance & Operations Lead Financial modelling:
- Supporting the Head of Finance & Assurance on the development of enhanced costing and pricing tools, thereby enhancing the charity's commercial capability.
- Leading high-level analyses of revenue, direct and indirect costs for decision-making, bidding, business cases and options appraisals.
- Developing financial forecasting models and scenario plans.
- Support the Foundation team in designing and measuring financial impact measures for the Charity.
Financial systems and reporting:
- Support the Head of Finance & Assurance with the preparation of the annual report and accounts and audit process.
- Manage the preparation of accurate and reliable financial reports that show the relationships between financial and non-financial measures, KPIs and return on investment.
- Develop, document and maintain finance policies, procedures and processes, and train EYF staff and other stakeholders in their interpretation and implementation.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of a successful resourcing model, working across the whole EYF team and operation;
- Lead the implementation of more efficient working practices to deliver the desired outcomes from the resourcing model;
- Manage the reporting process for forecast resource capacity and work with managers to maximise the utilisation of employee time in line with agreed measures.
Qualifications: Skills and attributes for success
- Contributing to a wide variety of projects and initiatives including strategic finance reviews by third parties and helping where needed.
- Undertaking financial due diligence reviews of potential partners, funders or contractors, where required, and advising on the financial due diligence processes required.
To qualify for the role you must be
- What you will bring to the Foundation is your demonstrable experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Professional status being a qualified management accountant with proven commercial acumen
- At least one year of post qualification experience
- Designing and implementing sustainable business solutions through the use of a range of business systems and technologies
- Experience of working on resourcing including managing and coordinating all aspects of the resourcing requests
- Delivering excellent customer service, to internal or external customers or service users
- Working in a delivery-focused organisation
- Developing professional or technical qualitative improvement
- High degree of planning and organisation skills
Ideally, you'll also be
- High proficiency of IT skills including MS Office suite
- Delivering against a portfolio of projects/tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Highly motivated, attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Highly collaborative, enjoys being part of a team; approachable and adaptable;
- Ability to foster positive relationships with a range of people
What working at EY offers
- Collaboration and flexibility in your team working, whilst also being able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong and evidenced commitment to diversity
- Strong commitment to improve the working lives and prospects of disadvantaged young people in the UK
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Please note
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here
. We ask because it matters! If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.