This is the key day to day finance and commercial leadership role on a substantial development project. The role provides "glue" across a project and requires the post holder to demonstrate a wide range of skills as well as providing critical experience for a post holder to develop to a project finance/commercial leadership role. Accountabilities
- Act as a support to the Project Team and play a key role in the development of the overall strategic direction of the project
- Responsible for driving positive change, and continuous improvement, in both the finance world as well as in the wider business unit environment
- Maintain excellent knowledge of the contractual and financial arrangements of the project, the broader business strategy and LL's competitive market position
- Oversee the project and investment models/appraisals, including advising on key financial risks and opportunities and having a detailed understanding of the Commercial Appraisal and assumptions
- Ensure transparency of the project's commercial position, including tracking against budget / programme, use of contingency and upcoming risks
- Facilitate and manage the integrated financial consolidation and management reporting processes to all stakeholders including Lend Lease and JV/ Wider Partners
- Oversee, co-ordinate and manage internal and external reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness of financial and non-financial reporting to achieve regulatory and business outcomes
- Provide or coordinate technical accounting, tax and treasury advice as well as ownership of the day to day relationship with Finance Services as it pertains to the performance of relevant services to the project
- Implement and manage robust financial controls with Finance Services to ensure integrity of all financial systems, processes and outputs
- Ownership of the detailed preparation and management of the business plans including monthly and quarterly review process and reporting and driving business accountability to achieve outcomes and management of cash flow at business and project levels
- Input into Capital strategy and to support management of multiple internal/external stakeholders and review funding proposals / tenders and advise on commercial impacts and risks
- Advise on and implement where appropriate risk management strategies to support and inform management decision making
- Input into pricing and sales strategy and monitoring of compliance. Review sales performance and recommend changes to strategy (as appropriate)
- Manage the financial day to day aspects of the integrated model for the project, or the external construction contract
- Support project finance analysts on a day to day basis
Drives Customer Outcomes
Drives Accountability & Ensures Effective Delivery
Manages Risk & Opportunity
Leverages Finance Skillset Essential/Desirable Criteria Essential
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 1-2 years' accounting experience, preferably in property or a complex long tern partnership environment (e.g. PFI/PPP)
- Detailed knowledge of typical real estate development financial structures including typical expenditure and income and land value modelling .
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people. Imagine what more you can do here.
L endlease is committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer of choice by engaging, enabling and empowering our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Inclusion sets us all up for success and we particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.