Job Description: Business Unit Lead - Finance Change Portfolio York based with homeworking and travel to other offices. 2 year Fixed Term Contract About the Team :
Hiscox is a global specialist insurer underwriting a range of commercial and personal risks. Hiscox has grown from a single underwriter based at Lloyd's into a FTSE 250 company with 32 offices across 14 countries and customers around the world, with its headquarters in Bermuda.
We have embarked on a multi-year transformation of our global finance function in order to meet our growth ambitions, ensuring the finance systems and data architecture supporting the business are fit for purpose and future-proofed to help drive the growth agenda of the business.
Our current portfolio includes the implementation of an end-to-end Target Operating Model and delivery of a Reinsurance solution that meet the strategic needs of Hiscox. We are also managing the IFRS17 Programme to ensure the successful adoption of this new Accounting Standard which comes into force the 01 January 2023.
The Business Unit Lead role will require someone with an ability to see the bigger picture and the links and dependencies with the other projects within the overall Finance Change Portfolio, ensuring that the projects work in harmony and are delivered in a complementary way.
The Role :
We're looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills and significant breadth of experience across Finance change programmes so you'll be able to hit the ground running. Your strong influencing and stakeholder management skills will play a crucial part in the success of the role, and be able to span multiple business areas, IT and levels of seniority.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and embedding change in the business, representing and championing the needs of this Business Unit (BU) to the programme and ensuring the right people are involved at every stage of the programme. You will see ideas beyond the original plan and where needed be able to call out risks and issues in a timely fashion to both the project and your BU.
You will take a leading role in business readiness, ensuring all teams understand what they are receiving, what is in scope and what is not and what this means for the business in the short and long term. You will work collaboratively and confidently with the project, People and Business Change and local and senior leadership to ensure complete oversight of the change. What you'll be doing :
- Working with the local teams to understand how the new change impacts the local processes and ensuring that any local changes are made to ensure a smooth implementation of this change into BAU, working with the local leadership team and FLT member to ensure that the processes are updated in a safe way so that the new change does not negatively impact current processes
- Collaborating with Project and Programme Managers, developing and agreeing plans and solutions to ensure the projects / programme achieve local BU/Functional Unite (FU) requirements, avoiding Subject Matter Expert resource conflicts in the BU/FU
- Understanding the baseline outcomes for the BU/FU and accepting the solution on behalf of the BU/FU
- Tracking and delivering business outcomes against the business case and ring-fencing benefits to prevent erosion
- Soliciting BU/FU support, resource and time commitment for all projects that involve the BU/FU, ensuring resource requests from the BU/FU are channelled appropriately and efficiently, particularly at critical points during delivery cycle
- Agreeing prioritisations of BU/FU plan / time / resources across projects, driving and delivering the business tasks for BU/FU
- Facilitating change, resolving BU/FU issues relating to the project and removing blockers that impact delivery for the BU/FU
- Providing relevant and meaningful business-related content and delivering consistent communications, ensuring alignment and synchronisation across BUs/FUS in co-ordination with FCP
- Signing off the business requirements having secured authority from and on behalf of your BU / FU, ensuring a smooth implementation of the solution into BAU, that the business is ready to accept the changes and the change embeds into BAU
- Providing input into core programme activities e.g. UAT, learning requirements and enabling business readiness
Person Specification: Our must haves :
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
- Knowledge and experience across Finance and Insurance
- Experience of complex project management and balancing the needs and requirements of multiple programmes
- Track record of being accountable for delivery of complex finance change
- Highly desirable is complex regulatory change i.e IFRS, Solvency II, MIFID.
- Highly articulate in technical finance and insurance language and assimilates information quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships and manage all levels of stakeholders
- Be able to pick up quickly and develop an understanding of the core concepts relevant to the specific project and its outcomes
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.