Aviva UK's General Insurance (GI) Finance team are now looking for Finance Analysts to join in a permanent capacity reporting to our Finance Leads and our Claims Head of Finance.
The primary purpose of this team is to provide financial support and robust challenge in equal measures to the UKGI Claims function. This is delivered through the provision of financial guidance, insight and challenge on claims financial performance across operating expenses and indemnity spend (claims settlement cost).
This team recently been restructured, and this opportunity is perfect for someone who is analytical and numerate to build their insurance knowledge; claims knowledge and play a key role in the Claims performance improvement programme.
Aviva introduced "smart-working" in 2020, and this role can be home-based anywhere in the UK, but will require some regular travel to our Norwich, Perth or Bishopbriggs offices. We are also open to part time, condensed hours or full time working.The role's duties & responsibilities:
Skills & experience required:
- Primary point of contact for Claims Operational Leads covering all financial matters
- Supporting Claims Operations Directors and SLTs in the provision and interpretation of financial information
- Providing financial analysis/insight to regular and ad-hoc reporting
- Driving improvements in the performance management framework for either Property, Injury or Motor Claims
- Reporting and tracking costs/benefits of change initiatives
- Supporting the development and achievement of the annual plan, including identifying key cost drivers, leading/supporting initiatives and working with key stakeholders
- Attending various, wide-ranging internal and external meetings to represent the team
What will you get for this role?
- Strong financial understanding of P&L accounts, and reporting measures
- Understanding of the impacts of claims activity on valuation/pricing
- Highly numerate with a finance-focused degree (accountancy or actuarial qualifications a benefit)
- Background of proactive supplier/customer and stakeholder management
- Customer service and delivery focused
- Relationship and change management experience in a delivery focussed environment
- Experience of influencing management and problem solving in a commercial environment
- Strong commercial experience in the insurance industry would be advantageous
Working at Aviva
- A salary up to £45,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed disability
, and we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniel Hopchet a call on 0121 234 7625 or send an email to Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.