Company DescriptionWe're changing it up
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and unleash Britain's potential. Together, we're achieving incredible things. We may have big ambitions, but we never lose sight of what matters. That's why we've created an open, inclusive environment where people can be themselves, where wellbeing and mental health come first, where we take a flexible approach to working, and where everyone has the chance to pursue their passions, keep learning and grow their careers. We're changing up Britain and we're changing up the workplace with better rewards, more opportunities to grow and the chance to make a difference to communities across the UK. A rewarding career
We're passionate about our work and we're passionate about our people too. With a salary of up to £50,000 + car allowance
depending on experience, when you join the CityFibre family you'll also enjoy benefits like 25 days' holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.What will you be doing?
As our Data Centre Construction Supervisor, your main responsibility will be to oversee the civils build activities on our Fibre Exchanges. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
What will you bring to the role?
- Attending and chairing installation pre-start meetings with designers, contractors, and safety specialists
- Liaising with civils contractors on-site to agree variations where applicable
- Checking and agreeing percentages for works complete on monthly payment applications
- Providing written weekly updates for all sites in progress
- Undertaking quality audit checks on each in-progress site. Completing reports using City Fibre reporting procedure and actioning all non-conformances
- Arranging and co-ordinating safety audits with the City Fibre SHEQ team and actioning all failed items
- Attending acceptance and handover meetings with civils contractors. Completing and submitting all handover documentation and certificates
It's essential that you have experience in the construction of data centres. You will need a HNC/HND in Engineering, Civil Engineering or Telecommunications as well as experience in one or more of those industries. You'll be comfortable with the main aspects of constructing greenfield as well as warehouse telecom pop sites. This includes the installation of concrete bases, telecom chambers, fibre ducting, external fencing and general groundworks activities.
The ability to manage contractors and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders is essential. An appreciation of mechanical and electrical concepts is a distinct advantage but not essential. You will also need:
Our unique culture
- To be able to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of applicable construction standards and legislation
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety standards including Construction Design Management Regulations (CDM Regulations 2015)
- Good working knowledge of MS-Office, including Excel and Word
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity, we believe everyone has a voice and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. Even though we come from different backgrounds and do different jobs, we're united by The CityFibre Way - our unique code of behaviours that inspires how we think, act and work. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we're passionate about giving it our best to build a legacy together.Ready to start changing it up? Join the CityFibre family today.
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.