About the Role
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Facilities Team Helpdesk Assistant, working in a team of five and reporting directly to the London Senior Facilities Manager(s). Overall, the position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of the department accountabilities through the effective use of the ServiceNow helpdesk tool. the primary duties are outlined below. What You'll Do
Qualifications & Experience
- Managing the ServiceNow helpdesk tool - Producing helpdesk tickets and assigning to the appropriate Facilities staff member.
- Managing the offsite storage and archiving of material - boxing, collecting and arranging for its pickup and storage. This may occur twice a week.
- Assist in moving/lifting archive boxes from various locations ready for collection.
- Assist in office moves and relocations and aid in basic project planning of such office moves and relocations
- Assist in moving office furniture as and when required
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of those areas and items managed by the Facilities Management team
- Maintaining the security passes and the security pass system, ensuring that all new staff are issued with a security pass and that they understand the rules of its use and the physical security policies of FTI Consulting LLP. Conversely, when staff leave the employment of FTI Consulting LLP, their pass must be collected and deactivated that day. The active list of employees must always be current and only active employees should be listed on the system.
- Maintaining control over visitor passes when staff require them.
- Dealing with air conditioning requests via the BMS.
- Dealing with the London Building Management team when required.
- Answering telephone and e-mail queries from customers in a concise and professional manner
- Dealing with customer requests quickly and efficiently
- Reporting issues to the relevant contractors, and receiving time limitations where possible
- Ensuring that DSE Risk Assessments are booked for those that need them, and are carried out
- As well as these activities, additional tasks may be requested as required by management.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within a corporate environment
- Qualified to a degree level (2.1) is preferable, or qualified through relevant experience
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Basic data analytics (PowerBI etc)
- A background working in a corporate environment is essential, with professional services experience preferred
- Good time management skills, with a focus on maintaining regular service, support and supply
- Ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard
- Experience dealing and communicating with employees at all levels of an organisation
- Experience working with external contractors and suppliers
- Experience using ServiceNow software would be an advantage but not essential as training would be given
- A helpful, enthusiastic approach to the job, even though some aspects of it may be labour intensive and repetitive
- A willingness to learn and to support the Senior Facilities Manager(s)
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
- Team player but highly self-motivated with an ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident working with a number of demanding stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- As the role is physically active, it requires someone who likes an active job, and builds strong working relationships quickly.
#LI-MD1 Our Benefits
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.