Haymarket is a successful international specialist media company. We have over 60 market-leading brands in the consumer and B2B markets across the UK, US, Asia, India and Germany, connecting people and communities across digital, print, festivals, awards, conferences, and exhibitions.
As a global business operating in diverse markets, we are inherently multicultural and we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talent who reflect the communities we serve. We equally recognise our broader responsibility to society as a whole and use our power and influence to drive diversity, equity and inclusion within our markets. Role Summary
To manage a portfolio of events primarily comprising Awards and/or Forums for Haymarket Business Media brands in their specific market sectors. An events manager is expected to run a portfolio of events across a calendar year from 4 - 7 events depending on the size, complexity, calendar positioning and budget level. The ability to multi-task and run events concurrently is therefore essential for this role.
Proven experience of running B2B events, both virtually and live is needed for the role with the expectation that this would include commercial award events and/or commercial forums, either within Haymarket or another B2B media company. Person Specification
Proven experience running B2B events, both virtually and live. These would include commercial award events and/or commercial forums, either within Haymarket or another B2B media company.
- Proven understanding and managing a budget and P&L for events, with a clear understanding of the financial impact of the events.
- Proven ability to drive revenues.
- An ability to manage your own projects and project plans on a day-to-day basis.
- Knowledge and understanding of events marketing.
- Must be able to work in a highly pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of event production, suppliers and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as the ability to proofread written documents to a high standard.
- Sound understanding of event health and safety regulations and requirements (including risk assessments).
- The ability to maintain positive working relationships with all relevant stakeholders at all levels (including brand editorial and commercial teams, colleagues in the events department, data teams and external suppliers).
- Flexibility and willingness to attend events outside normal office hours.
Why work with us?
- A degree in Hospitality/Event Management or other relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of the Eventsforce event management platform.
- Sales experience.
- A level of marketing experience.
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. Haymarket is a media, information and data business, we use our expertise in media and information to inspire, inform and empower our clients, audiences and communities. We are a socially and environmentally responsible business. As we serve our audiences, clients and communities, we are committed to driving the meaningful change necessary to build a better world. The principles of diversity, inclusion, respect, responsibility and sustainability are at the heart of our business.
We're hard-wired to produce remarkable content for our audiences, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Our conveniently located Twickenham HQ is home to around 600 employees with a vast array of careers from journalism, video, marketing, sales and events to technology, digital development and product management.
As well as being the home of English rugby, Twickenham has the benefit of being less than 30 minutes from central London but also enjoying its riverside location, proximity to Richmond Park and a buzzing social scene.
With flexible hours, great brands, and a modern open plan environment, we attract great people. There's time for you to get involved in our extra-curricular activities too; from volunteering with our charity partners, going for a lunch-time riverside run, cycling around Richmond Park or after work fun!
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We nurture, support and reward our talent. We offer a market-leading benefits programme, tailored to individual needs and preferences. The range of benefits are vast and include a generous pension plan, life assurance, up to 30 days holiday and a fabulous income protection policy. Oh, and our annual employee party is pretty special too!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year excluding bank holidays (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working schedule
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Access to Perkbox
- Health Cash Plan
- Family friendly policies
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
We want to support our people to balance their personal and professional lives and we believe our range of benefits encourages this. We feel that nothing beats face-time with our colleagues and we've therefore adopted a blended working model where full time employees can expect to spend 3 days of their week in the office and the other 2 working at a location of their choice.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring that all candidates are given the same opportunity to succeed regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability.
If you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to fully participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket is a rewarding and exciting place to work.