**Please note that this role is based in our European headquarters in Luxembourg.**
Overview and Responsibilities:
Since 1994, Amazon has continuously expanded its product selection and innovated on behalf of customers in an ongoing effort to fulfil its stated ambition of being earth's most customer-centric company. Its massive worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres delights customers around the world, both directly through Amazon and on behalf of merchants on the Amazon platform. Today, Amazon's rapidly expanding consumer product range offers books, video games, consumer electronics, apparel, jewellery, grocery and Amazon Kindle among many others. Amazon's presence in Europe is growing fast and now includes the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Poland and Luxembourg with customers across all 27 European states, offering millions of products and a long term vision to allow every consumer to find anything they want to buy online backed up by outstanding customer service.
This will be a hybrid role between HRBP and HR Projects.
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You'll need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills, and the ability to function in an innovative environment. You'll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients' business plans and goals into the human resource capabilities needed to achieve outstanding results.
Amazon is seeking an exceptionally talented, innovative, extremely hands-on, customer-obsessed HR leader with a passion for establishing and developing first-class HR strategies to join our highly professional HR department.
• Experience of operating as a strategic Business Partner, with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential
• Expertise in European employment law
• Demonstrate ability to motivate others and influence work behaviours
• Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, make best use of limited resources
• High dependability - be there to support the business
• Decision Making/Complex Problem Solving- proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources; conducts root cause analysis; refers to long term plans and goals; acts decisively, promptly and confidently; complex analysis
• Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team/business, especially in a multicultural and multi-location environment
• Negotiation and influencing skills; able to listen to and persuade others based on sound logic
• Proven presentation and communication skills
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
• The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of Commercial HR within the company
• A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employee and corporate group to ensure a high level of employee engagement
• Proven knowledge and practical application of EU HR practices and employment laws
• Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
• Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
• Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
• Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• For us, the Culture fit is non-negotiable - you will have high energy and flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
• You will be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
• You will have a strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables. Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
• Strong internal and external customer service focus
• Ability to develop strong working relations at all levels
• Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information
• Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
• Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills