The EUC Virtual Desktop Analyst will be responsible for troubleshooting, managing and designing solutions for the virtual desktop estates, whilst ensuring the ongoing security compliance of the environments. The role will be required to provide infrastructure upgrades, and to manage expansions and capacity needs.
As a member of the EUC team, the EUC Virtual Desktop Analyst will be also be able to assist with mobile device and physical desktop support as well as support for the Messaging environment.
The role will involve, but is not limited to, the following:
- Third line support for Norton Rose Fulbright LLP's virtual desktop estates
- Ongoing design and documentation of the virtual desktop estates adhering to applicable technical standards and procedures
- Release and configuration management, ensuring ongoing security compliance of both the virtual desktop estate and the software applications therein
- Undertaking the detailed analysis, configuration, testing, and implementation of new software applications in the virtual desktop estate
- Establishing effective working relationships with other IT teams and with users, supporting the central helpdesk and the regional support teams, handling all calls in accordance with the Firm's procedures and service levels
- Support the messaging, mobile infrastructure and physical desktop environments and troubleshoot any issues escalated from other teams
- Exploring and keeping step with innovations in virtual desktop software and related technologies.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by the Line Manager.
A strong working knowledge of the following is essential:
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop: 6.5 to current
- PVS and MCS delivery
- Citrix Web Interface/Storefront
- Netscaler Gateway
- Windows desktop and server OS in a physical and virtual environment
- Microsoft SCCM Current Branch
- VMWare ESX 6.0 to current
- Active Directory, GPO and GPP configuration and management
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products
- Powershell scripting
Previous experience with the following is desirable:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 to current, including Office 365
- MDM/EMM solutions, MobileIron/Intune
- iManage Work application suite
- Template Management solutions
- Lakeside Systrack monitoring
- ITIL Foundation qualified.
- MCSE certification
- Citrix CCA-V
- McAfee or Symantec anti-malware solutions
- Implementation and support of a cloud based environment
The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and competence in the following areas:
- Proven track record at being detail orientated and delivering timely and accurate information in a fast paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and sound judgment resolving issues in a complex environment.
- Strong organizational and detailed oriented capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities
- Participating in business audits
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
If you are unable to apply for a position online or require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norton Rose Fulbright office in London has been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
We want to support your application as best we can. For that reason, we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS). This means that applicants with a disability need only meet the minimum qualifying criteria for a role to qualify for an interview under the scheme.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at Norton Rose Fulbright please click on the following link http://www.nortonrosefulbright.com/corporate-responsibility/diversity-and-inclusion/