This position can be located in any of our EU Head Offices.
Are you an experienced ergonomist with the desire to apply technical knowledge and skills to address musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) in a very pragmatic, business-focused approach? We are looking for a Senior Ergonomist to join our growing field ergonomics team, working closely with the global ergonomics program team and design ergonomics teams. In this role you will provide technical expertise to manage MSD risk at our existing operating facilities by implementing a variety of assessment tools and techniques and problem-solving skills to drive innovative solutions. You will work collaboratively with Workplace Health and Safety teams, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources and other stakeholders to develop ergonomics solutions that are fit for purpose and effective. You must be innovative, willing to think outside of the traditional paradigm, and excel at devising pragmatic solutions to prevent injury. You will need to be able to travel within Europe (at least 40% of time). This role may have the ability to take on further global field responsibilities within Middle East and Asia.
In this role, you will undertake a variety of tasks at our operating facilities which include:
• Apply a risk management approach to address MSD issues, including effective assessment, prioritization, implementation of control measures and review. This will require the use of a variety of ergonomic tools and methods to assess and quantify risk both pre and post intervention.
• Be design driven, using data analysis and assessment to provide realistic recommendations and actions.
• Initiate, formulate, and develop multi-disciplinary/multi-stakeholder projects targeting reduction of musculoskeletal risks and enhancing human performance.
• Demonstrate a systems approach that considers the broader context of the human in the environment.
• Develop the understanding and technical knowledge of ergonomics in your region, supporting the Workplace Health and Safety teams.
• Train and coach operational teams in ergonomic principles and injury causation.
• Research and collect background and historical multi-source information specific to topical areas using both internal data sources as well as with being actively aware of external trends.
• Be passionate about using data to facilitate and drive business decisions. You will identify key trends through deep dive analysis (including statistical modelling) and establish testable project hypotheses.
• Develop or implement research, investigation, or analysis protocols.
• Develop white papers.
• Stay current on trends in technology, industry and legislation that could necessitate adjustments or provide improvement to our ergonomic programs and initiatives.
• Degree in ergonomics, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering or related fields with a strong emphasis in physical ergonomics/occupational biomechanics.
• Responsibilities in manufacturing, production, or service operations or the ability to demonstrate how your industry experience will benefit our workplaces.
• Knowledge and skill applying a variety of field ergonomics tools
• Strong analytical and statistical background to include quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong project management skills, with demonstrable ability to function and collaborate in a flexible, detail-oriented, fast-paced team environment in a changing and growing organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• A self-starter with the ability to self-manage priorities and deliverables.
• Possess the ability to interact positively and in a professional manner in diverse settings and to work cooperatively in team settings. Flexibility in responding to changing demands, timelines, and priorities is also required.
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks while meeting and exceeding deadlines.
• Master's degree in Ergonomics
• Knowledge and skill applying predetermined motion time systems including but not limited to: MTM, MOST, MODAPTS or equivalent
• Knowledge and skill using digital human modelling applications including but not limited to: 3DSSPP, Siemens Jack, Santos, or equivalent.
• Knowledge and skill with CAD applications is advantageous.
• Programming/scripting using Python or Matlab advantageous
• Ergonomic Certification (IEA, CIEHF, AEP, CPE or equivalent), or ability to become certified required.
• Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
• Fluent language skills in other European Languages are highly valued.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.