Additional role requirements:
So what's the role all about?
- Basic DBS check
- Full UK driving licence
As an Estate Services Inspector, you will be monitoring the standard of cleaning and grounds maintenance services provided by PA Housings contractors, to ensure they are provided in line with contractual requirements. You will also carry out regular, documented inspection of PA Housings communal areas to ensure the environments are clean, clear and safe for our customers and members of the public.
You'll need to be proactive and enthusiastic in delivering quick resolutions to environmental issues identified during inspections and to provide excellent levels of customer service.Some of the key tasks and responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, we'd be looking for the following...
- Carry out regular inspections of PA Housings internal and external communal areas to monitor the standards of cleaning and grounds maintenance
- Use mobile technology to record the outcome of visits undertaken, including taking photographs, completing electronic inspection forms and use of SMS and email, reporting on issues such as fly tipping, repair issues and customer property being left in communal areas
- Ensure that any areas of concern such as health and safety are reported accurately and in a timely manner in line with PA Housing procedures
- Work proactively with PA Housings Contractors to ensure that the communal areas are maintained in line with contractual requirements
- Identify and report any areas of non-compliance with cleaning and grounds maintenance specifications
- Actively be involved as a team member in any small scale planting projects undertaken by the estates team
- Regularly update scheme cleaning and grounds maintenance data
- Proactively engage with Resident Watch and Neighbour colleagues to ensure communal areas and estate are well maintained
Please refer to the attached job description to find out more... What's in it for you?
- Organised and able to plan journeys to maximise efficiency
- High level of attention to detail
- Intermediate IT skills, word, excel, MS outlook
- Knowledge of contract management or supervision
We recognise that people are at the heart of our business and that success is dependant on enthusiastic and committed colleagues. We make sure they feel supported and encourage a culture of opportunity and learning to enable colleagues to fulfil their potential and make a real difference to people's lives every day.
In return, we reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent discretionary range of employee benefits some of which include:
& much more! Check out our handy benefits flyer to see what else we can offer you!Do you care about the same things we do?
- 26 days annual leave entitlement per annum plus bank holidays (pro rated for part time roles). With the possibility for colleagues to buy or sell a maximum of 35 hours in annual leave year subject to certain conditions
- Flexible schedule & hybrid working, subject to business need and agreement with your manager. Admittedly some of our roles do require more structured working patterns than others
- Performance related pay- We want to recognise exceptional performance and you can earn up to 10% on top of your base salary for achieving corporate and individual targets, and completion of all essential compliance tasks. We hold an annual awards event which celebrates colleagues' success and achievements. In addition, we operate an annual bonus payment scheme based on monthly votes made by colleagues
- Access to the Simply Health Cash plan scheme for discounted optical, dental and health care bills
- Perkbox Rewards - Big discounts on high Street shops, cinemas, airport parking and hotels, savings with Apple, free coffee at Caffe Nero each month, download a free film each month and more!
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives such as fitness classes, walking clubs, meditation sessions and more
- Travel to work perks such as Bike2Work Scheme, allowing you to purchase a bike under salary sacrifice & 0% Season ticket loans for bus and train tickets
- Upon successful to completion of your probationary period, we offer our colleagues an interest free loan of up to £5,000 to assist with general living costs
Our EDI Policy:
- We have three values we work by. When we meet, we'll need you to show us how they are important to you too.
- We always do the right thing: We offer the best quality service that we can.
- We're there when you need us: We listen and take action ensuring we deliver on our promises.
- We never give up: We are courageous in our pursuit of growth to provide more quality affordable homes.
At PA Housing, communities are at the heart of everything we do. We know how important it is to be representative of our customers and the communities we serve, and we have always committed to creating an inclusive approach to our recruitment process to ensure that we are hiring from a diverse talent pool of people. We're an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from any individual who has the relevant skills and experience for the role, inclusive of any protected characteristics such as gender identity, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability status, sexual orientation and age.
At PA Housing, we pride ourselves in being a disability confident employer and support our applicants with any additional adjustments they may require during their application process. We take a flexible approach to working, and support part-time hours, job shares, where possible and provide a salary sacrifice option for childcare vouchers.
As part of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy, actively hiring women into this role is one our objectives to increase and promote diversity at PA Housing. If you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply on our recruitment portal via our company website.
Equality, diversity and inclusion | PA HousingSo who are we?
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property - it's about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London, Home Counties and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 24,000 homes and employ 600 plus staff to provide a high standard of service to our householders.
Our success and our plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff members. Every one of our employees help to make a difference to the lives of our residents and other local people, and we look after our team members well.Disclosure and Barring Service:
This role of requires the successful candidate to complete a basic DBS check. A basic DBS check will show any unspent convictions.
So why do we need to know this information? This role will be required to visit / support PA Housing residents in their own homes on a regular basis. Therefore we have a duty to our residents to ensure that we have taken precautions regarding who will be visiting them and representing PA Housing.
Having unspent convictions will not necessarily preclude you from being recruited into the role; if you are potentially the successful candidate, we will complete a risk assessment with you to understand the circumstances around your conviction, how relevant they are to the post you have applied for and what remedial action , if any, have you have taken since your conviction. Suitable references will also need to be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We're happy to consider flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
AGENCIES: We know where you are if we need your support so please do not contact us.
To apply for this role please click on the apply button or for any enquiries please email [email protected]