*as at 31 December 2016, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
As one of the world's largest investment managers, we understand that our scale brings responsibilities. We play an active role in the companies we invest in, from exercising shareholder voting rights to directly engaging with companies at a board level.
LGIM's corporate governance team consists of 12 professionals which has a long standing commitment to raising governance standards of public companies. The team has grown significantly in the last five years in response to increasing demand from clients and is deeply involved in all aspects of governance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
- Implementing and further developing LGIM's CG strategy in Asia.
- Working with and further developing LGIM's strategic relationships in the Region
- Advocacy: Engaging with regulators, policymakers, standard setters, stock exchanges
- Collaborating with local and global stakeholders
- Engaging with companies
- Publishing thought pieces
- Input into custom voting policie
- Speaking at conferences and seminars
- Representing LGIM at client meetings
- Staying on top of emerging trends in the ESG space in Asia
- Contribute to integrating ESG into investment process
- Role to be based in Hong Kong, with extended periods in the London office
- US and London ESG teams
- Distribution teams
- Internal fund management teams in HK/UK/US
- Extensive ESG or corporate governance knowledge of Asia
- Client facing experience
- Confident in engaging with C-suite / high-level management
- Engagement or advocacy experience
- Highly experienced public presenter
- Research skills and analysis
- Writing skills - demonstrate published thought pieces or blogs
- Investment knowledge and experience
- A self-starter, able to work on their own, as part of a global team.
- Collaborative with internal colleagues and external stakeholders
- Great communicator and presenter
- Asia based language in addition to English is a plus.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you, ensuring that your work will be rewarded when you join us.