UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK LtdWho we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world's most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including Financial Lines, Property, Casualty, Specialty Lines, Cyber, Multinational Clients and High Net Worth individuals.About the roleWhat you need to know:
AIG strives to be a highly client focused organization, something that should be reflected in your social skills, personal structure and high quality in every output of work performed. We are looking for a positive and proactive individual with a great attitude to be part of the collaboration of a team, contributing to its success. The successful candidate thrives under the challenge of working in a focused, fast pace, international environment. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required.
This opportunity will contribute to the business by underwriting new & renewal business, developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing brokers, building strong client relationships and working to carry out agreed strategies. There will be responsibility for assisting in shaping and developing AIG underwriting policies, practices and procedures as well as identifying industry developments and making judgements on new and emerging opportunities.
What we're looking for:
- Provide technical input on complex and bespoke policy documentation
- Ensure Underwriter compliance with Underwriting Authorities
- Produce accurate and timely management information for Senior Management including analysis of the portfolio and input to the estimating and budgeting processes
- Assist in the design and implementation of new products and procedures
- Underwrite and service large and complex risks to an acceptable AIG standard and contribute towards profitable grown in line with Environmental Budget and Commercial Goals (including managing expenses)
- Develop a profitable book of business through a selection of brokers.
- Develop and manage a new business account pipeline with distribution and other business partners
- Provide input on and implement the EIL strategy
A look at our benefits
- Detailed knowledge of EIL underwriting principles and practice and proven underwriting experience
- In depth and current knowledge of key regulatory requirements
- Ideally ACII qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong risk analysis and technical skills
- Ability to build upon existing and new relationships with brokers, clients and senior management
- Ability to network across AIG and involve others to produce optimum results
- Ability to influence others to develop business or negotiate agreement
- Possess a detailed understanding of the broker and client operational environment
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We're proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most - your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the "Giving Back" program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees' development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.